The NWSL Marketing organization develops and activates the programs that power the NWSL brand to grow its fan base and amplify business impact. The Digital Video Editor plays a crucial role in the NWSL's success through the timely, on-brand creation of compelling digital content supporting brand awareness, fan engagement and revenue.
This integral role is core to building the foundation of the content function at the NWSL. The Editor will help bring league stories to life with teams, players, and partnerships, through unique video content that will be distributed on league and team social channels, in conjunction with league partners and additional media outlets. The Editor will establish and maintain a strong strategy for NWSL content, consistent with the brand voice and messaging.
They should be comfortable conceptualizing and pitching content ideas and concepts for use over a variety of digital platforms, have an understanding of asset management, the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and an interest in internet trends. Working closely with the Marketing Broadcast and Sponsorship teams, the Editor will collaborate with internal and external team members to create video content to entertain, inform and engage fans to hit organizational goals.
- Edit videos for NWSL social and digital media platforms to entertain and engage fans and build brand awareness.
- Elevate sponsored video content for NWSL owned channels, teams and sponsors with high-quality edits, seamless partner integration and social-first thinning.
- Create quick-turn social and digital video using broadcast highlights and clips from games for rapid distribution into social and other digital channels, including NWSLSoccer.com.
- Stay up to date on best practices and trends for digital video and how to grow and maximize social reach.
- Utilize strong organizational skills to organize systems for footage and content archiving, collecting and sharing.
- Manage and fulfill third party footage license requests.
- Ensure all projects align strategically to goals, budgets and brand guidelines.
- Stay up to date on editing trends for innovative TikTok and Instagram Reels content.
- Work in Premiere and After Effects to create Infographics, Motion Graphics and Thumbnails for content.
- Proficient in the technical side of editing to maintain a professional final product. (I.e. frame rates, formats, codecs, resolutions, and aspect ratios).
- You have a 4+ years experience editing video for digital platforms; sports experience preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of the sport of soccer a must - the NWSL/women's soccer a plus, not mandatory.
- Must have ability to deliver high-quality work results and flawlessly execute under deadlines while balancing multiple projects.
- Must have non-linear editing experience with Adobe Premiere or other relevant editing tools.
- Experience concepting, pitching and editing content from start to finish, with strong creative and visual storytelling skills.
- Possess a strong professional and positive presence/image that represents the league both internally and externally.
- Must be highly organized, proactive and self-motivated and handle ambiguity.
- You have a disciplined approach to managing multiple projects but maintain the necessary flexibility to adapt when adjustments are required.
- Ability and willingness to travel/work non-traditional hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Experience editing with modern tools, tech, and music for entertaining, engaging content.
- Has a strong professional and positive presence/image that represents the league both internally and externally.
- Guided by strong moral and ethical principles.
- Communicates in a direct, open, and honest manner.
- Accountable for actions/decisions and does not make excuses.
- Seeks feedback.
Salary Range: $70,000 -$80,000/year
NWSL salaries are contingent upon candidates' qualifications, functional business needs, and market financials.