GRASSROOTS PROGRAM COACH POSITION
The Vaughan Soccer Club (VSC) is seeking a highly motivated and passionate coaches for its grassroots program (U8-
U12). The coach will be responsible for providing oversight and development of all participants registered to the
program. This is a part- time paid position within the club.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
▪ Conduct 2-3 training sessions per week plus 1 game.
▪ Deliver the technical and tactical coaching curriculum provided by VSC.
▪ Assist in producing a weekly plan and a session plan with the program leader for all sessions delivered.
▪ Assist the program leader in scouting, identification and selecting players for your respective age group.
▪ To be responsible for the safety and welfare of all players under your care.
▪ Uphold Club’s Policies, Procedures, social media, Child Protection and any Rules and Regulations
▪ Uphold the Player, Parent and Coaching standards of the program
▪ Assist in the Coordination all administrative organizational processes for team travel and team events.
▪ Work closely with administrative staff to ensure all needs are met.
▪ Completing mandatory player assessments and conduct player interview.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION REQUIRED
▪ Minimum Learn to Train/C License and above is preferred.
▪ 1-5 years coaching experience at a Grassroots level
▪ Strong playing background to demonstrate technique.
▪ Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
▪ Experience in developing and working with an approved annual periodization plan.
▪ Growth mindset and willingness to learn.
▪ Proven ability to work in a team environment.
▪ Computer Proficiency
▪ Police Check (Police Vulnerable Sector Check) required