Salary: Competitive – Sessional Rates
Contract Type: Casual
Location: The Nigel Doughty Academy, Nottingham Forest Training Ground
Nottingham Forest Football Club are looking for additional qualified part-time casual sport therapists/physiotherapists to join our Category 1 Academy Medical Department. They would support and report to the Academy Head of Medicine & the Lead U7-U16 Academy Physiotherapist. Providing medical cover across training sessions and match days, while also assisting in the delivery of evening rehabilitation sessions, for the U7- U16 age groups, where required.
The main role of the successful applicants will be providing Match Day Academy cover, both home and away, including weekend tournament cover. This role would predominantly be based on Sundays but would also require weekday & evening availability. Therapist would be required to ensure they cover a set number of fixtures/sessions a month to remain employed by the Club.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• Diagnosing and treatment of injuries during training sessions & match days.
• To communicate and liaise with full-time medical staff regarding the medical management of Academy players.
• To carry out rehabilitation of Academy players, in conjunction with the full-time medical staff.
• Completing early rehabilitation and management programs, injury prevention strategies and first aid/trauma management.
• Ensuring that comprehensive PMA notes are completed within 24 hours of assessment or injury onset.
• To actively be involved in a multidisciplinary approach of working within the department that includes close links to all areas of the Club.
• To maintain all legal and professional qualifications in relation to their position within the Club.
• Upholding and promoting the Club’s policies and procedures, including Health and Safety, Safeguarding and Equal Opportunities.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy, Sports Therapy, or equivalent degree.
• Indemnity through professional registration.
• FA Level 5 ATMMiF (preferred).
• FA Level 4 ITMMiF (accepted).
• Equivalent trauma course such as UEFA pitch-side trauma course or the RFU Pre-Hospital Immediate Care in Sport (PHICIS) Level 4 course.
• Experience in a MSK setting.
• Experience working in a professional sporting environment.
• Ability to travel across multiple sites and locations.
• The ability to work a minimum of 3 in 4 weekends per month.
• Availability for home and away fixtures throughout the season.
• Hold a full UK driver’s licence.
• DBS/Safeguarding clearance will be required for this role.
• Effective and appropriate communication skills, verbal and written.
• Highest standards of professional and personal conduct.
• Proactive and engaging style with a can-do approach.
• Able to work independently, showing initiative and adapt to situations.
• Flexible approach and attitude to working hours.
• Long term commitment to working within a multidisciplinary medical team.