Employability and Skills Officer
Remuneration + benefits:
· 28 days holidays (including bank holidays)
· Long service holidays
· Free parking
· Death in service benefit
· Employee Assistance Program
· Free access to health and wellbeing services
· Access to store discounts/cashback
· BFC retail store discount
· Subsidised home matchday tickets
Full time [35 hours per week: Monday to Friday: flexible hours] - Fixed Term until 31st December 2023
Turf Moor (Burnley), Leisure Box (Brierfield) and other locations as necessary.
9am Monday 27th February 2023
Should an adequate number of applications be received prior to the closing date, Burnley FC reserve right to remove this advert.
Burnley FC in the Community (BFCitC) is the award-winning, official charity of Burnley Football Club.
We work hard every day to deliver our mission to inspire, support and deliver change to communities across Burnley, Pendle, Rossendale, the Ribble Valley and West Yorkshire.
We believe in the immense power of our football club to transform people’s lives for the better. We believe Burnley and Pendle is a special place – a home to extraordinary people like you. Come and be part of our story!
We are now looking to recruit to the role of Employability and Skills Officer to deliver on targeted employability projects which support young people to develop the skills, qualifications and experience they need to access employment and/or further education and training.
Reporting to the Employability Coordinator, the Employability and Skills Officer will be expected to:
· Deliver on our new employability offers and to develop existing programmes.
· Meet project objectives and KPI’s.
· To be responsible for delivery arrangements of employability and skills projects.
· To liaise with and support project workers, teachers, mentors and external training providers.
· To monitor and evaluate projects in line with our reporting framework and expectations of funding providers.
· Have an understanding and keep abreast of inequalities and needs that exist in the community.
· Work with and build positive working relationships with other relevant agencies both statutory and voluntary, to ensure a coordinated approach to the delivery of services, working closely with the Employability Coordinator to achieve this.
· Ensure availability to deliver on new and existing programmes linked to employability and skills.
· Work with the marketing team to ensure that your projects receive appropriate coverage linked to impact.
· Keep accurate files and records and report impact to key funders.
· To be accountable for achieving agreed outcomes, impact, and personal targets.
· To attend networking events, workshops, conferences, and training sessions as appropriate.
· To be able to work flexible hours where the role of the job requires.
· Promote the Burnley Football Club in the Community and Burnley Football Club brand and ethos in a professional, strong and positive manner.
· Hold a commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace and a willingness to undertake all relevant equality and diversity training.
An ideal candidate will have;
· Full clean driving license with access to own transport.
· Qualification in related area or relevant knowledge and experience.
· Experience in working with young people.
· Understanding of Burnley, Pendle, and the surrounding geographical areas.
· Understanding of local population need and the inequalities that exist.
· Effective communicator with the ability to build and sustain positive relationships with local stakeholders.
· Ability to plan and co-ordinate effectively.
· Ability to monitor, evaluate and assess project performance.
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of a team.
· Good IT skills.
· Time management skills to be able to plan and regulate workload
· Educated to degree level or equivalent.
· Experience of working on employability projects.
· Experience of using IT monitoring systems e.g., VIEWs
· Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults
Applicants may need to have a flexible approach to work and be able to work evenings, weekends and match days as required.
Please apply by downloading and completing the job application form which can be found on the BFC in the Community website (alternative format available upon request). BFCitC no longer accept CV’s.
Burnley FC in the Community is committed to safeguarding children and young people and is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check (DBS) which will be paid for by the employer.
*Please note that due to the number of applications we receive, only candidates selected for interview will be notified.