Position: Event Supervisor
Department: Stadium MK
Reporting to: Arena Manager
Hours per week: 40 (5 days out of 7)
Job purpose: To work alongside the Arena Manager to provide a prompt and efficient food and beverage service for
functions in Arena and Concourse. To lead teams while on shift.
• Working alongside the Arena Manager to plan and deliver events up to a 3 month period.
• Lead a team with minimal supervision to complete the event requirements.
• Liaise with the clients to agree timeline of specific needs pre and post event.
• Provide efficient service and resolution to guest requests and issues on pre and post event days.
• Assist the Arena Manager to deliver agreed decisions for large events.
Impact & Influence:
• Ensure team members are aware of the requirements required from them to complete food and bar service.
• Lead by example and deliver high standards for all events within Marshall Arena and Stadium Concourse.
• Ensure that all customers receive excellent customer service for functions.
• Knowledge of Health and Safety guidelines.
• Bar experience preferred.
• Events experience in a hotel or large conference or sporting venue.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Confident in front of large amounts of people delivering briefings and ensuring they are positive of the tasks ahead.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• To be responsible for any budget decision within remit of role.
Lead & Develop:
• To lead a team to deliver food and beverage services, while dealing with guest requests on pre and post event days without senior management onsite.
• Lead a team within the concourse team during football games providing service to fans, helping stock and closedown.
• Guaranteed good work ethic of fellow team members during down times.
• Ensure any jobs with a deadline are completed with speed and precision.
• Report maintenance, accidents and health & safety issues to your line manager.
• Flexible around working any day and hours, including evening and weekends.
• Ensure that general cleaning standards are maintained.
Essential & Desirable Job Criteria:
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Evidence of working to deadlines
• Adaptable to change.
• Ability to work in large teams and independently.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Work on own initiative
This job involves heavy lifting and long periods of standing and walking long distances.
Safeguarding - We are committed to safeguarding and protecting children and young people (CYP) and atrisk Adults (ARA) Our expectation is that you will fully accept your responsibility for the safety and welfare of all CYP and ARA by being fully conversant with all our safeguarding policies and reporting anything that does not appear to be correct. The post maybe subject to an enhanced DBS check and yearly selfdeclarations.
Equality & Diversity – must be able to demonstrate that equality, diversity and inclusion will be maintained and developed across all programmes and areas of the business.