||Enfield and Tottenham
||31 Mar 2023
Founded in 1882, Tottenham Hotspur Football Club is an English Premier League Club, based in North London.
Led by the late great Bill Nicholson, the Club became the first in England to win the League and FA Cup Double in 1961, and the first in the UK to win a European Trophy two years later. Spurs has since been home to some of the game’s great entertainers, including Jimmy Greaves, Glenn Hoddle, Paul Gascoigne, David Ginola, Gareth Bale, Heung-Min Son and Harry Kane.
In April 2019, the Club opened an iconic new stadium that sits at the heart of a £1billion sport-led regeneration of North Tottenham. The stadium is the largest football club stadium in London and is a multi-use venue with the ability to host a variety of events 365 days a year, including NFL, boxing, rugby, concerts, and other major events, plus visitor attractions including Stadium Tours and the Dare Skywalk.
The stadium development scheme has to date created more than 4,000 new jobs for local people, with circa £300m pumped into the local economy each year.
Tottenham Hotspur has:
- A clear strategy to develop talent from within its Academy, showcased by a strong track record of Academy players graduating to the first-team squad.
- A £100m state-of-the-art Training Centre that supports the Club’s ambition to attract, develop and retain the best talent.
- Commercial partnerships with globally-recognised brands including AIA Group Limited (AIA), one of the world's leading providers of life insurance services, and Nike, the world’s leading sports footwear and apparel company.
- A commitment to minimizing its environmental impact across Club operations, being named as the greenest in the Premier League for the past three years. Tottenham Hotspur is a signatory of the UN Sports for Climate Action Framework, committing to halve carbon emissions by 2030 and become net zero carbon by 2040.
- An award-winning Foundation that is renowned for creating opportunities to help enhance the lives of people in its local community through education, employment, health and social inclusion programmes.
The Club is seeking a Retail Warehouse and Store Casual to be able to work in our retail shops and the warehouse to assist with the business needs for stadium events and trading patterns at our warehouse.
The hours of work will be based on the shifts offered (for the warehouse this would generally be 7.30AM – 4.30PM) and the shops are based on each event (for a Saturday events the hours are generally 10.00AM – 6.00PM) but these would change depending on TV coverage.
You will also be required to work third party events where shift hours change regularly consist of 6 – 12-hour shifts.
Due to the nature of this role and the industry out of hours working will be required, including work on weekends and/or bank holidays.
To assist the Retail Stores and Warehouse Management teams to deliver sales and offer excellent customer service within the retail shops. You will also support all the warehouse functions including receipts, pick, printing, packing and dispatch of merchandise.
- Support on the Pick, Pack, Dispatch & Return processes for all product types
- Inventory management maintaining systems and ensuring operational guidelines are adhered to
- Personalization & 1st team inventory co-ordination
- Processing Inbound - unit receipts
- Track Bin to Bin movements
- Fulfilling various order types
- Pre-retailing & reticketing
- Meet key performance indicators to ensure processes are adhered to
- Maintain and adhere to warehouse and club processes
- Periodically calculate stock counts and stock takes
- Housekeeping & waste management
- Ensure Health & Safety standards are always met
- Offer exception customer service to all visitors ensuring their experiences are the best in class
- Assist with daily sales budgets to confirm daily targets are achieved
- Maintain agreed floor layouts, trading densities and merchandising standards to maximize sales and profit
- Assist in the implementation of all operational procedures including stock accuracy management and EPOS management
- Thinks ahead, generates innovative ideas
- Values & respects others, builds relationships, collaborates
- Gets things done, delivers to highest of standards, takes responsibility
- Well organised, professional in all forms of communication, self-motivated & energized.
- A team player and able to communicate with all levels of the business, across multiple departments & internal & external stakeholders.
- Able to influence, problem solve & initiate ideas to create a continuous improvement environment.
- Requires flexibility in approach as well as being assertive with teams to drive results
- Must have a can-do approach.
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Able to work in pressurized environments and in a calm and effective manner
- Use your own initiative when called upon
- Enjoys working individually or part of a large team when required
- Work unsupervised for periods of time
Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of non-retail THFC systems and processes
- Knowledge of retail and warehouse operations and systems.
- Previously worked in warehousing fulfilling orders for customers, mail order, stores, and ecommerce. Understands inventory management.
- A background within the retail industry, with experience in event retailing or working in a busy retail environment
- Working knowledge of Retail systems
- Strong written, oral & coaching skills
- Proven skills in inspiring, influencing and working within a large workforce
- Proven success and awareness within employee relations and equality and diversity
- Demonstrable ability to make quick decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Proven track record of raising standards and overseeing the delivery of exceptional customer experiences
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Specifically Excel.
Safeguarding is fundamental to our success in all that we do. Candidates are reminded that we may review the requirements of this role at a later date which could result in standard background and DBS check.
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club welcomes applications from anyone regardless of age, gender, disability, race, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.