This posting is to establish a pool of qualified applicants for the 2020-2021 academic year for positions at San Bernardino Valley College.
The department may not be actively recruiting. Your application will remain on file for consideration until June 30, 2021. Should the department be interested in interviewing you, you will be contacted by the department with the information provided in your application.
This posting is to establish a pool of qualified applicants positions as Assistant Coach, Men's Soccer.
Any degree and professional experience demonstrated sensitivity to, understanding of, and respect for the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, religious, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
OR the equivalent. *Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements outlined in the posting may submit an Equivalency Request. The Equivalency Request and any additional supporting documents an applicant wishes to be considered must be attached. To download the Equivalency Request Form click here (Download PDF reader).
Experience that indicates a sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical and learning disabilities.
A Master's degree in physical education, exercise science, education with an emphasis in physical education, Kinesiology, physiology of exercise or adaptive physical education.
Any bachelor's degree and two (2) years of professional experience OR any associate degree and six (6) years of professional experience.
A minimum of two years of experience coaching high school and/or college age Soccer as part of a club or team;
Knowledge of and demonstrated commitment to compliance with NCAA, CCCAA, state and other applicable regulations; Demonstrated ability to improve athletes' skills using proven coaching strategies and techniques; Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, evaluate and adapt in a dynamic educational environment; Experience teaching Kinesiology activity courses at the collegiate level;
Strong commitment to professional development, maintaining positive relationships within the community and remaining current in the field; Ability to work effectively and professionally with colleague, management, classified staff and others outside the college and; excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
Proof of American Red Cross, lifeguard certification or similarly recognized organization.
To be considered a qualified applicant, interested persons must submit ALL of the following documents:
1. Completed San Bernardino Community College District online application. (Do not state "See Resume" on the application form.) Determination of applicants meeting minimum requirements will be based upon information provided in the SBCCD application. Resumes will be reviewed by the committee only after information satisfying minimum requirements have been listed in the SBCCD application. Paper applications will not be accepted. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
2. A resume summarizing your educational and professional experience.
3. A cover letter explaining how your experience and background demonstrates that you meet the minimum requirements for the position stated in the posting.
4. Teaching Philosophy of your beliefs about teaching and learning. The statement or description should include examples of how you put your beliefs into practice by including concrete examples of what you do or anticipate doing in the classroom.
5. Unofficial transcripts that show you meet the minimum educational requirement(s) for the position. Only transcripts showing the awarded minimum required degree or higher degree will be accepted. Transcripts must be legible. Transcripts must be from a US accredited institution. Transcripts from outside the US must include an official evaluation for equivalency. Copies of diplomas will not be accepted in lieu of transcripts if the position requires a degree. Official Transcripts will be required upon hire. If possible, please highlight the area indicating the degree name/major and date the degree was awarded or conferred.
All interested parties must apply through the SBCCD employment website to be considered a qualified applicant.
Additional instructional assignments will be compensated at the applicable rate per contract hour for lecture and laboratory courses. Additional non-instructional assignments will be compensated at the applicable rate.