Ticket Office Team Member
Do you want to be a part of the new Wigan Athletic?
We have an amazing opportunity to join our Ticket Office Team at The DW Stadium. This role will report directly to the Ticket Office Manager selling season and matchday tickets for both Wigan Athletic Football Club and Wigan Warriors Rugby League Club, as well as general admin duties relating to the sale and maintenance of tickets, providing a first-class customer service at all times.
Working hours: 37.5 hours, 5 days over 7 with evening, weekend and bank-holidays required
Contract type: Permanent
· Sell matchday and season tickets through the ticketing system in a polite, courteous and professional manner.
· Deal with enquiries from supporters relating to ticketing and general customer service duties.
· Enhance the reputations of both Wigan Athletic and Wigan Warriors by providing outstanding customer service to all supporters at all times.
· Ensure that all transactions are fully balanced up at the end of each working day.
· Adhere to the department’s policies surrounding the selling of match tickets.
· Ensure data standards are adhered to at all times.
· Provide accurate and up to date information to supporters, going the extra mile to ensure they
receive all the assistance they require.
The successful candidate will:
· Have Maths and English GCSE (or equivalent) minimum Grade A* - C / Grade 9 – 5
· Previous experience in a customer facing role, involving cash handling and dealing with customers over the telephone.
· Be efficient and organised
· Have the ability to work as part of a team and under own initiative
· Have the ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
· Be IT literate
· Have the ability to communicate with a wide range of people
Here at Wigan Athletic we are on an exciting journey. If you would like to be part of our journey and have a passion for our football club then we want to hear from you. We offer:
· 25 days annual leave [pro rata]
· X2 complimentary tickets to all home league fixtures
· Career development opportunities
· Free onsite parking
· BrightHR ‘savings and money-off’ offers for employees
· Wigan Athletic Club shop discount
Closing date for applications: 5pm, Friday 10th February 2023
To apply please head over to our website and complete our application form as we don’t accept CV’s. Please return your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to HR, Wigan Athletic, DW Stadium, Loire Drive, Wigan, WN5 0UZ.
The company is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
The company is committed to safeguarding all children, young people and adults at risk involved in its activities and events. The group recognises its responsibility to safeguard the welfare of these vulnerable groups by a commitment to procedures to protect them. The group expects all staff and volunteers to fully support and promote these commitments.