Job Title: Academy Coach
Reports to: Head of Academy Coaching / Lead Phase Coach
Location: Bloomfield Road, Blackpool (with travel to and from the training venue)
Hours: Part Time – 12 hours per week – to include evenings & weekends
Salary: Competitive (Depending on Experience)
Who we are:
Blackpool Football Club is an English professional association football club based in the
seaside town of Blackpool, Lancashire.
The club was founded in 1887 and has a very storied history, from being a founding member
of the Lancashire League in 1889, rising to the Top-Flight of the Football League (the old
First Division) in 1930, to winning the FA Cup in 1953 and being promoted to the Premier
League in 2010 (becoming the first club to gain promotion from every division of the
Football League via the play-off system.)
The team are competing in the Championship, the second tier of the English Football
League, having gained promotion from League One in 2020–21.
The club have played their home games at Bloomfield Road since 1901.
Blackpool FC Academy are seeking a part time Academy Coach to join our ever growing
The role of our Academy Coaches is to create a positive learning environment where you
will support and challenge our players on their development pathway.
Candidates should demonstrate outstanding personal skills and excellent knowledge of
player development whilst having a clear understanding of the player pathway.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• To connect with our young children and support / challenge them.
• Design and implement practices that are specific to the age of the players you are
working with, whilst aligning to our principles of play.
• To be responsible for the planning, delivering and the reviewing high quality sessions in line with our coaching curriculum.
• Ensure the focus of every training session and game is always on the individual
progression of the player.
• Provide players with two weekly targets and review these targets every week.
• Provide detailed 6/12 weekly ILPs for each player and review these targets every
• Where required, provide written and oral reports of coaching sessions and games.
• To manage all administrative duties regarding PMA and other platforms used by the
• To attend training sessions 2-3 times per week, and programme games on a Sunday.
• Be available for all player & parent review meetings.
• To act professionally when arriving for training/games, be set up and ready 15
minutes prior to the players arrival.
• Work in line with the Clubs playing and coaching philosophy to promote a culture
and identity throughout the Academy.
• Ensure all equipment is maintained, to give our players the best experience.
• To attend all club CPD events.
• To demonstrate your commitment to Equality, Inclusion and Anti-Discrimination,
training in these areas will be mandatory.
• Any other reasonable duties, as requested by the Head of Academy Coaching / Lead
The above job description is not intended to be exhaustive; the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the club.