An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious and confident candidate to join The Academy Education Department at Norwich City Football Club in the role of Academy Tutor. Reporting to the Academy Head of Education, the Academy Tutor will be responsible for the provision of Academic programmes of study, to the Apprentices, at the Academy, in conjunction with the Club’s Academy Performance Plan (APP) and The Elite Player Performance Programme (EPPP) requirements. They will also oversee the academic progress of one of the Youth Development Phase cohorts and work as the link between the Academy and our Full Time Training Model schools (Ormiston Victory Academy and Ormiston City of Norwich School).
The successful candidate will be tasked with planning, delivering, assessing and reporting on, the BTEC Level 3 National, in Sporting Excellence and Performance, as well as, delivering the role of, Core Programme Coordinator for the Apprenticeship in Sporting Excellence Professional course. Including preparing the apprentices for their End Point Assessment. They will also be the lead, for the scholars, Duke of Edinburgh qualification, whilst also, overseeing and supporting the academic progress of one of the YDP cohorts and act as the academic link to our Full Time Training Model Schools. The role requires a proactive interest in Level 3 sport delivery, with the ability to motivate and inspire young people to maximise their, full, potential.
The nature of the role demands a suitable candidate who is enthusiastic, reliable and flexible to working the hours required, to accommodate education provision, to meet player training schedules.
Qualifications and Experience
· Qualified Teacher Status (or equivalent QTLS)
· Minimum of 2 year’s teaching experience
· Be able to deliver and assess Apprenticeship programme delivery
· Experience of planning, delivering, assessing and reporting of L2/L3 Sports qualifications
· Excellent communications skills at all levels
· Effective time management and organisational skills
· ICT competent
· Ability to work as part of a team and independently
· To act in a manner that supports the Club’s Values of Growth, Integrity, Belonging, Resilience, Pride and Commitment
· Knowledge and experience of working in Elite Sport and the expectations placed on players
· Experience of GCSE PE and A Level PE delivery
· Experience of inputting and handling data
· A strong desire to pursue a career within the sporting field
· Experience of teaching English up to KS4
The role offers a fantastic opportunity to establish a career within the Academy at one of the most recognised League Clubs. It suits a candidate who is dedicated to self-improvement and personal development as well as individual player development.
Closing date: Monday 30 January 2023
Pre Interview Calls: WC 30 January 2023
Interviews to be held wc 6 February 2023
Norwich City Football Club are committed to ensuring equal opportunities are given to all and welcomes applications from all areas of the community regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnerships.
Norwich City Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and recognises the importance of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults in the workplace. Please be aware that a criminal disclosure and identity check will be carried out for this post. Engagement will be subject to a satisfactory DBS disclosure.