• To lead delivery of The FA National Game Strategy and Liverpool County FA (LCFA) Business Strategy and the development of the LCFA Sefton CIC Business Plan.
• To be responsible and accountable for the day-to-day running of both Liverpool County FA & LCFA Sefton CIC
• To spearhead the strategic direction and culture of the Liverpool County FA and act as an ambassador for grassroots football.
• To perform the role of Senior Safeguarding Lead (SSL) as outlined in The FA’s Safeguarding Operating Standard for County FAs, overseeing effective safeguarding delivery across Liverpool FA and grassroots football.
• To support the adoption of FA technology systems across grassroots football.
• To comply with FA rules, regulations, policies, procedures and guidance that are in place.
• Ensure Liverpool County FA works within agreed organisational values and delivers against its strategic objectives.
• Perform the duties of a Company Secretary and ensure that Liverpool County FA complies with the requirements of the Companies Act 2006.
• Ensure the principles of good governance are upheld by implementing and maintaining The FA’s Code of Governance for County FAs.
• Drive organisational change to support the development and operations of Liverpool County FA and LCFA Sefton CIC.
• Oversee the project management and business planning of LCFA Sefton CIC as well as lead the relocation of Liverpool County FA to the LCFA Sefton CIC site.
• Manage budgets through appropriate systems (Xero) and processes and allocate resources to ensure that Liverpool County FA operates within sound financial principles, utilising appropriate systems to produce financial reports on a regular basis.
• Maintain an oversight of all the policies and procedures, ensuring that they are reviewed annually and updated where necessary.
• Accountable for ensuring that safeguarding is embedded throughout Liverpool County FA and grassroots football in accordance with safeguarding legislation, FA Safeguarding Policy, best-practice guidance and education programmes.
• Ensure the Board receives regular updates on safeguarding and are provided with all the information they require to fulfil their governance oversight duties and to scrutinise ongoing safeguarding policies and procedures.
• Embed safeguarding responsibilities and accountabilities into Liverpool County FA Business Strategy, Budget, Risk Register and Operational Plan.
• Accountable for ensuring that staff and volunteers deployed by Liverpool County FA are suitable for their roles and uphold the values and behaviours of Liverpool County FA through a safer recruitment policy and that this policy is applied to all new appointments.
• Lead investigations into allegations made against Liverpool County FA staff or volunteers and/or other volunteers directly deployed on behalf of Liverpool County FA to work with under-18s and adults at risk, including those who work on a temporary basis.
• Ensure that the Health and Safety policies and procedures are implemented consistently across Liverpool County FA in line with Health and Safety legislation.
• Responsible for the wellbeing, development and ongoing performance of the workforce.
• Work with the Board on matters relating to finance, corporate governance, football development, football services, marketing, communications, public relations and risk management.
• Attract increased investment into Liverpool County FA by maximising assets and continually raising its image, profile and reputation.
• Responsible for relationship management with The FA and ensure that all activities are managed with integrity and the highest levels of compliance.
• Build strategic partnerships with key stakeholders to improve delivery and increase relevance of football locally across Merseyside.
• Ensure Liverpool County FA is committed to promoting equality and diversity throughout all areas of its work and grassroots football.
• Provide the highest level of customer service to support volunteers across all FA Technology systems (FA Learning, FA Events, Whole Game System, Matchday app and Full-Time).
• Execute tasks as required in order to meet Liverpool County FA changing priorities.
• Educated to degree level (or equivalent work experience).
• Recognised management qualification e.g. CMI, MBA.
• Recognised accountancy qualification e.g. ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA.
• A company secretary qualification.
• Ability to lead a team with excellent communication and people management skills.
• Strategic level decision-making skills in a fast-paced and stakeholder-intensive environment. • Business planning, objective setting and managing team and individual performance.
• Ability to influence effectively at all levels.
• Expertise in managing and engaging a wide range of stakeholders to create sustainable partnerships.
• Ability to lead the team in delivering exceptional customer service.
• Business Coaching and mentoring skills.
• Financial acumen and the proven ability to establish and monitor financial control systems and manage risk and produce & analyse financial management information.
• Ability to develop and implement commercial strategies to generate income.
• Ability to work under pressure, handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
• Excellent IT skills including the use of Microsoft 365 Office applications.
• Ability to be able to inspire people, staff, clubs, leagues and volunteers
Knowledge and Experience
• Fundamental understanding of running a business, including finance and human resource management.
• Experience in delivery of strategic objectives
• Understanding of football governance and development.
• Knowledge of relevant legislation including company law, finance, equality legislation, employment and health and safety legislation.
• Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding.
• Comprehensive understanding of The FA’s National Game Strategy and how the County FA Business Plans support its delivery.
• Knowledge and understanding of working with volunteers.
• Knowledge of marketing.
• Previous experience of working in grassroots football or other sports-related governing bodies.
Closing date: 5pm on Friday 4th December 2020