Department: Academy – Report to First Team Physiotherapist & Academy Manager
Hartlepool United Football Club are looking to recruit a full-time Academy Physiotherapist to provide and coordinate medical services for all the Academy Team players within a interdisciplinary approach.
The Academy Physiotherapist will work along with the head of sports science to develop and deliver injury prevention strategies, S&C programmes and deliver rehab to injured players. To help maximise player performance, enhance recovery and reduce the likelihood of injuries within the team.
· Plan and provide injury prevention programmes for all Academy / Development players.
· To maintain appropriate liaison with necessary staff. Accountable for day to day communication with Head of Academy / Youth Team Manager and reporting
· Alongside coaching staff help, as needed, to organise Sports Science testing and sessions for all Academy / Development players
· Feedback to relevant coaching staff with the results of Sports Science testing and discuss findings where applicable within the wider multidisciplinary team
· To assess with the Club Doctor/Head physiotherapist on all players regarding fitness and injury status. This may involve assessment/discussion with players and their family doctors
· Provide and use the appropriate medical equipment as necessary
· Provide the appropriate range and quantity of treatments utilising current literature
· Provide medical support and input to the players, and where appropriate staff and officials of the club
· Assess players re fitness and injury status and decide on players’ fitness to train and play
· Plan treatment programmes, in conjunction with the other physiotherapist(s), for injured players and advice the suitable member of coaching staff for player’s availability to train and play
· Coordinate/provide medical education to the players in terms of nutrition, injuries and doping matters
· Arrange and undertake appropriate medical examinations for players, this should include pre-signing medicals (with appropriate liaison with additional staff) annual checks and additional investigations
· Organise and conduct further investigations and consultant appointments where needed
· Liaise with Club Secretary to inform medical insurance when additional medical investigations are required
· Provide competent pitch-side first aid to all players at the club where necessary
· To provide pre-habilitation and strength and conditioning sessions for all ages
· To generate individual training programmes for all players and teach them how to carry them out
· To attend staff meetings as required
· To attend games as required
· To be aware of current trends and best practice in Youth Development
· To continually look for ways to develop and improve our coaching programme in the Academy
· All aspects of the role should be bound by professional confidentially
· To maintain a professional manner at all times whilst representing the club
· Adhering to and following the clubs safeguarding procedures
Essential requirements for the post:
· BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy or higher degree
· Membership of Chartered Society of Physiotherapy.
· Appropriate First Aid Course (FA AREA course/ATMMiF)
· Appropriate child protection/Disclosure certification
· UK Full Driving Licence
· The role will involve working weekdays, weekends and some evenings as required
· To be aware of the EPPP rules and requirements relating to the Academy
· Maintenance on contemporary, legible and appropriate medical records, audits, registers and their confidential storage using appropriate software
· 2 year’s experience working in the medical department of a professional football/sports club
· Experience working pitch side / matchdays at a professional football club
· The ability to work calmly under pressure
· The ability to work effectively and safely, whilst working both independent and as part of a team
· To always adhere to confidently and data protection procedures
· A genuine team player
· Excellent levels of communication
· Takes responsibility for ensuring tasks are completed to a high standard
· Excellent timekeeping skills
· Hardworking & Enthusiastic#
Hartlepool United FC is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants. We aim to create a working environment in which all individuals are able to make best use of their skills, free from discrimination or harassment and in which all decisions are based on merit.
It is our policy to treat all workers and job applicants equally and fairly irrespective of their sex, marital status, civil partnership status, trans-gender status, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, national origin, culture, religion, age or disability.
Hartlepool United Football Club are committed to safeguarding children and young people. Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check (DBS) which will be paid for by the employer. The job holder will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.