Barnet FC Foundation are seeking a Casual Football Coach to plan and deliver high quality, football coaching sessions at a variety of locations across Harrow and Barnet. The sessions include after school clubs, our Saturday Soccer School at The Hive London, holiday camps, lunch time clubs and match day events at The Hive. This role is primarily focussed on coaching children from 4 to 16 years old.
Barnet Football Club welcome applications from anyone regardless of age, disability, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
Barnet FC Foundation offers:
- A clear strategy to create opportunities for the local community to engage through the power of football
- A world class training centre that supports the Club’s ambition to provide excellent facilities for all levels of participant from grassroots to international teams
- A Foundation that is determined to create opportunities to help enhance the lives of people in its local community through football, education, employment, health and social inclusion programmes
- Delivery of football sessions as directed by the Foundation coaching guidelines, to ensure players are developed across all 4 corners (technical, physical, psychological and social)
- Actively engage with the Foundation coaching development and support opportunities (CPD)
- Understand and comply with all relevant Club policies
- Understand and comply with the Club’s health and safety procedures
- Promote, adhere to, and implement the Club’s Equality & Diversity Policy
- Attend Foundation coaching CPD in-service training events as required
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be expected
- Organised - prepared and delivers to a consistently high standard
- Reliable – be able to commit to scheduled programmes and to be punctual
- People skills – good communicator: friendly, approachable, positive attitude.
- Values & respects others, builds relationships, collaborates, and works well within a team environment
- Energy and enthusiasm – inspires and motivates all participants
- Builds relationships with key stakeholders – schools, parents etc, strives to deliver the highest standard of service as possible
- Communication – pro-active with comms, responds promptly
- Able to work independently, showing initiative, taking responsibility, and thinking logically
- Passionate - taking great pride and enthusiasm in your work
Skills & Experience
Minimum FA Level 1 or Introduction to Coaching Football Qualification
Current FA First Aid Qualification
Current FA Safeguarding Children Qualification
FA Level 2 / UEFA C License
Driving License and own transport
Right to Work Check
Safeguarding is fundamental to the success in all that we do. Successful candidates will undergo the following pre-employment checks prior to a start date being confirmed.
- Satisfactory right to work in the UK.
- Satisfactory written references (one must be from the most recent/current employer);
- Criminal record check’ (Enhanced DBS with Child/Adult Barring)
- Evidence of professional qualifications and education (where appropriate)
- Evidence of any Safeguarding training or certification (where appropriate)
All employment offers are conditional and based on the information being provided.
*Salary dependent on qualifications and relevant experience. (range £12 to £20 per hour)
Please send a CV and brief cover letter explaining why you think you are the right person for this role to: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Successful applicants will be contacted within 48 hours of making an application. Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to all applicants