Would you like to conduct research on UEFA’s football development programmes?
Full-Time Post-Doctoral Research Fellow Needed!
UEFA has recently started to implement their new women’s football and grassroots strategies. As part of this process two flagship programmes will be rolled out across 55 countries over the next 12 months.
• UEFA Playmakers – developed in conjunction with Disney, the Playmakers programme aims to introduce more girls to football using a games-based approach focused around Disney’s stories and characters.
• UEFA Football in Schools Programme – this programme aims to support each National Association to increase the amount and quality of school-based opportunities to play football in schools.
In 2019, a Leeds Beckett University team conducted research to inform the development of both programmes. Now, UEFA and Leeds Beckett University are looking to employ a full-time Post-Doctoral Research Fellow to support the design and implementation of an evaluation strategy to assess the impact of both programmes and promote continuous improvement.
The initial appointment is for a 2-year period. A further 2-year extension of the post is contingent upon UEFA’s evaluation.
The Post-Doctoral Research Fellow will also contribute to other on-going and future research projects as required and support the development of new applications for funding.
Based on the above, we are looking for candidates holding a PhD or in the latter stages of their PhD.
- Want to make a difference to children and young people involved in sport
- Understands the realities of youth sport on the ground
- Can effectively communicate with a global community of practitioners and administrators
- Are highly organised and thorough
- Can conduct large-scale research independently
The post holder will be based within the Sport Coaching Research Centre at the Carnegie School of Sport and will report to Dr Sergio Lara-Bercial.
Please note that all posts close at midnight and the job description and employee specification will no longer be available after the closing date so please download or print now!
Working here means you’ll also have access to a wide range of benefits including our generous pension schemes, excellent holiday entitlements, flexible working, reduced study fees, subsidised fitness facilities and a lot more.
Closing date: 30 November 2020 (Midnight) Please note that you will not be able to edit or submit a part-completed application form after the closing date.
We welcome applications from all individuals and particularly from black and minority ethnic candidates as members of these groups are currently under-represented at this level of post. All appointments will be based on merit.