Location: St Mary’s Stadium, Southampton
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week (including course attendance)
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract Apprenticeship, 24 month contract
Criminal Record Check: Basic
What will you be doing?
We have an exciting new job opportunity to work with Southampton Football Club’s Legal Team as a Paralegal Apprentice from January 2023. This will allow you to get practical paid experience in a working environment, whilst also studying towards a Paralegal Level 3 CILEX Apprenticeship.
You will be providing legal support, including administrative tasks, carrying out research and drafting legal documents to the Legal and Compliance team.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
· To evaluate and review existing, new and upcoming legislation and regulations, and assist with drafting compliance policies, procedures and processes Club wide.
· Assist the team with reviewing contracts, proof reading and drafting and editing documents.
· Carry out any general research for the team and summarising in an easily digestible format.
· Support the team with its various compliance platforms, assist with campaigns and training materials to be rolled out Club wide.
· Archive all completed contracts on the team’s contract management platform, ensuring that all dates and relevant information is captured accurately and correctly.
· Manage the legal and data privacy inbox and assign enquiries to team members.
· Attend meetings with the team, take minutes and action where needed.
· You will have the opportunity to attend external meetings and training sessions with members of the legal team.
Delivered by CILEX Law School you’ll gain a Paralegal Level 3 CILEX Apprenticeship.
This apprenticeship will last for 24 months, beginning in January 2023.
You will complete the academic part of the apprenticeship via distance learning, one day a week.
Is this you?
Our ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, able to communicate at all levels and have a passion to learn and develop with good personal organisation skills. Adaptability and flexibility are key, as you will be required to have a hands on, proactive approach to daily administrative tasks within the team.
· A willingness to listen and take time to learn and develop.
· An open mind and pragmatic approach, with an awareness that there is always more than one way to solve or advise on any issue.
· Bright, friendly approach with good communication skills and a willingness to take time to develop good working relationships.
· Good analytical skills with an ability to think proactively, innovatively and embrace positive change.
· Good attention to detail, able to prioritise and work to deadlines. Comfortable working in a fluid, fast-paced, exciting environment.
· Able to adapt with ease to changing environments.
· Able to deal with confidential information discreetly.
· GCSE Maths and English, Grade C or above (or equivalent).
· 2 x A Levels (or equivalent) Grade C or above.
What we can do for you
Giving you the right balance in your life is important to us, and our benefits are designed to complement this – from 2 free match tickets for every home league game, free breakfast and afternoon snacks on site, discounts at local shops and restaurants, an Employee Assistance Programme and mental health first aiders for when things get tough, to specialist support with professional development and access to a world of internal and external training courses and professional qualifications.
For you to apply
All you need to do is click on the apply button below, enter your details and answer a quick pre-screening questionnaire and/or attach your CV.
Please note, this is role which will be starting in January 2023.
The closing date for applications is Friday 28 October.
Although we reserve the right to close this vacancy early, if a high volume of applicants are received.*