Location: St Mary’s Stadium, Southampton
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week (including course attendance)
Hybrid working, option to work from home for some hours.
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract Apprenticeship – 18 months
Criminal Record Check: DBS Enhanced with Child’s List
What will you be doing?
We have an exciting new job opportunity to work with Saints Foundation as an apprentice. This will allow you to get practical paid experience in a working environment, whilst also studying towards a Youth Support Worker qualification.
You will be carrying out administrative duties for the Kicks Programme area of Saints Foundation – Kicks is a youth engagement programme, aimed at 8–18-year-olds, aiming to bring young people together to play sport whilst socializing with friends.
The apprentice will work closely with the Youth Work Coordinator and Kicks Project Officer to develop and deliver a youth engagement programme on weekday evenings at community and school-based Kicks sites across Southampton.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
· To support the Kicks Project Officer with all Kicks events and competitions.
· To support delivery across other Community Integration programmes, and deliver activities as directed under the supervision of project staff.
· To complete all apprenticeship work with support of the education provider and line manager at Saints Foundation.
· To safeguard the welfare of young people, adults and vulnerable groups at all times.
· To work within a diverse community and draw on individual strengths to promote equality & diversity.
You’ll gain a Youth Support Worker qualification.
This apprenticeship will last for 18 months.
The apprenticeship will cover:
- Referrals & Signposting in Youth Work Settings
- Work with Young People involved in or impacted by Youth Violence, Criminal Activities and Exploitation
- Understand How to Manage Staff in a Youth Work Setting
- Trauma Informed Approaches to Youth Work
Is this you?
If You are without a doubt a people person who loves building relationships and being a positive influence on the younger generation, we want to hear from you.
· Have an interest in youth work.
· Have some, but not extensive, experience of working with young people.
· Have a strong interest in developing and learning, particularly in the youth work sector.
· To be able to communicate well with colleagues and participants, especially from diverse backgrounds.
· GCSE’s Grades A* - D (or equivalent) in English, Maths and ICT, or willingness to study and achieve a level 1 qualification in Functional Skills by the end of the apprenticeship.
What we can do for you
Giving you the right balance in your life is important to us, and our benefits are designed to complement this – from 2 free match tickets for every home league game, free breakfast and afternoon snacks on site, discounts at local shops and restaurants, an Employee Assistance Programme and mental health first aiders for when things get tough, to specialist support with professional development and access to a world of internal and external training courses and professional qualifications.
For you to apply
All you need to do is click on the apply button below, enter your details and answer a quick pre-screening questionnaire and/or attach your CV.
The closing date for applications is Monday 10 October 2022.
Although we reserve the right to close this vacancy early, if a high volume of applicants are received.*