Burnley FC in the Community (BFCitC) is the award-winning, official Charity of Burnley Football Club.
We work hard every day to deliver our mission to inspire, support and deliver change to communities across Burnley, Pendle, Rossendale, the Ribble Valley and West Yorkshire.
We work with over 70 local, regional, and national partners in five key areas: Sport, Education, Health, Social Inclusion and Community Facilities. Our highly skilled, dynamic, and passionate team now deliver over 50 community projects that touch the lives of a huge spectrum of people in and around Burnley. From children and young people right through to senior citizens.
Day-by-day the outreach of our work is growing and along with our brand-new state of the art leisure facility – Leisure Box, Whitehough Outdoor Activity Centre and UCFB at Turf Moor; truly exciting things are happening at Burnley FC in the Community.
We believe in the immense power of our football club to transform people’s lives for the better. We believe Burnley and Pendle is a special place – a home to extraordinary people like you. Come and be part of our story!
The charity is now looking to recruit to the role of Marketing & Events Coordinator to join our award-winning, official charity of Burnley Football Club. Located in Turf Moor stadium and working closely with the Head of Brand & Marketing & Head of Partnerships & Fundraising, the role will focus on the delivery of marketing campaigns, event planning and fundraising as well as providing support on day-to-day marketing activity. It’s a role that will require dedication, energy, and attention to detail.
Reporting to the charity’s Head of Brand & Marketing the role will include:
- Leading the planning, scheduling and management of creative content for the charity, including associated projects
- Management of communication across email, social media and website channels
- Supporting Burnley FC in the Community updates, including (but not limited to):
- Website content
- Internal & external email marketing updates
- Matchday programme content.
- Attend Community projects and events on a regular basis to gather content for social media and news stories – to involve planning, developing content and occasionally conducting interviews
- Responsible for managing the BFCitC social channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Supporting with the overarching strategy for each digital channel
- Monitoring and reporting on social page performance, identifying any trends
FUNDRAISING & EVENTS
- Work with the Head of Partnerships to develop and implement a Community and Events Fundraising Plan, in line with the organisational strategy
- Co-ordinate and organise logistics of events end-to-end, working with suppliers and partners to deliver outstanding events
- Develop appropriate marketing plans to maximise all fundraising income streams, including content and marketing materials
- Work closely with the operations team to plan and implement programme-specific events, sharing expertise and providing impactful community events.
- Support on certain / seasonal events to promote the charity and associated facilities, in the run up to and on matchdays
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- A relevant qualification or equivalent experience in a fundraising/events role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with meticulous attention to detail
- Comprehensive knowledge of marketing techniques and practice
- Minimum of 2 years experience of event planning and event marketing
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and multitask
- Proven track record of managing individual social media channels, and strategy for each
- A innovative, enthusiastic and creative individual
- Experience of creating and delivering marketing campaigns
- Confidence in working with new people or unfamiliar situations
- Ability to work on initiative with minimum supervision
- Able to manage multiple projects and programmes
- Friendly open manner and the ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders
- Excellent IT and MS Office skills, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with WordPress
- Full clean driving licence with access to own transport.
- Up to date understanding of innovative non-event fundraising methods
- Copywriting experience.
- Background in a charity / NFP setting
- Experience or knowledge of the charitable/voluntary sector
- Experience of creating high quality marketing material and strategies
- Knowledge and understanding of community-based sports programmes
Burnley FC in the Community is committed to safeguarding children and young people and is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check (DBS) which will be paid for by the employer.
*Please note that due to the number of applications we receive, only candidates selected for interview will be notified.
Closing: 30 Sep 2022