Founded in 1882, Tottenham Hotspur Football Club is an English Premier League Club, based in North London, with a global following of millions.
Led by the late great Bill Nicholson, the Club became the first in England to win the League and FA Cup Double in 1961, and the first in the UK to win a European Trophy two years later. Spurs has since been home to some of the game’s great entertainers, including Jimmy Greaves, Glenn Hoddle, Paul Gascoigne, David Ginola, Gareth Bale, Heung-Min Son and Harry Kane.
In April 2019, the Club opened an iconic new stadium that sits at the heart of a £1billion sport-led regeneration of North Tottenham. The stadium is the largest football club stadium in London and is a multi-use venue with the ability to host a variety of events 365 days a year, including NFL, boxing, rugby, concerts and other major events, plus visitor attractions including Stadium Tours and the Dare Skywalk.
The stadium development scheme has to date created more than 4,000 new jobs for local people, with circa £300m pumped into the local economy each year.
Tottenham Hotspur has:
- A clear strategy to develop talent from within its Academy, showcased by a strong track record of Academy players graduating to the first-team squad.
- A £100m state-of-the-art Training Centre that supports the Club’s ambition to attract, develop and retain the best talent.
- Commercial partnerships with globally-recognised brands including AIA Group Limited (AIA), one of the world's leading providers of life insurance services, and Nike, the world’s leading sports footwear and apparel company
- A commitment to minimizing its environmental impact across Club operations, being named as the greenest in the Premier League for the past three years. Tottenham Hotspur is a signatory of the UN Sports for Climate Action Framework, committing to halve carbon emissions by 2030 and become net zero carbon by 2040
- An award-winning Foundation that is renowned for creating opportunities to help enhance the lives of people in its local community through education, employment, health and social inclusion programmes
The Club operates out of multiple facilities, including a world-class Training Centre, where the position of Talent Pathway Physiotherapist/Sports Therapist is based.
The position will involve match-day work so candidates should be willing and able to work over weekends and/or Bank Holidays.
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club welcomes applications from anyone regardless of age, disability, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
- The main scope of this role is to work with the Women’s Medical Department to deliver therapy services to Junior Academy players (8-21yrs).
- The role will also be responsible for pitch side assessment and treatment of the players during training and match days.
- To promote and protect the health & wellbeing of all Junior Academy players, whilst working within the code of conduct and good practice of the Society of Sports Therapists.
- To keep up to date medical records and assist where necessary with an audit of injuries, musculoskeletal screening and delivery of individual or group pre-habilitation programmes.
- To work efficiently with a multidisciplinary team including Doctors, Sport Scientists, Strength & Conditioning Coaches and Coaches.
- Ensure compliance with all the Policies and Procedures contained within the Staff Handbook, paying particular regard to the Equal Opportunities Policy and Health & Safety Policy and procedures at all times.
- Present at all home (set-up, treatment of players before game, warm-up and after –game), attendance at all club training sessions each week.
- Responsible for the pitch side assessment and treatment of the players during training and match days.
- Providing assessment, treatment and functional rehabilitation of injured players.
- Clinical decision making process (fitness of player to train or play).
- Player education (injury prevention).
- To keep up to date medical records and may be asked to assist with an audit of injuries, musculoskeletal screening and delivery of individual or group pre-habilitation programmes.
- To ensure personal CPD is progressive and kept to the highest possible standard.
- To keep legally bound, up to date, accurate medical documentation and ensure all medical documentation is secure, organised, accurate and up to date as present for relevant parties as required.
- Confidentiality. The Sports Therapist must always abide by the SST’s Standards of Conduct, Performance and Ethics.
- Ensure all Junior Academy players are aware and comply with the FA Doping control regulations.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by your Line Manager or Head of Department.
- To keep all venue EAP’s updated and shared with all staff
- Thinks ahead, generates innovative ideas
- Values & respects others, builds relationships, collaborates
- Gets things done, delivers to highest of standards, takes responsibility
- Generate innovative ideas and strive to deliver the highest standard of service as possible
- Value and respect others: building relationships and working well within a team environment
- Thoughtful and understanding; sensitive to the needs of others.
- Alert –attentive and observant, able to make decisions quickly and adapting to situations
- Proactive – think ahead rather than simply reacting in the moment
- Able to work independently, showing initiative, taking responsibility and thinking logically
- Reliable – be able to commit to event days and to be punctual
- Passionate: taking great pride and enthusiasm in your work.
- Fantastic personal skills – good communicator: friendly, approachable, positive attitude.
- Flexible - able to perform a variety of roles in different settings throughout the stadium and surrounding areas
Skills & Experience
- Current member of The Society of Sports Therapists or HCPC Registration for Physiotherapists
- FA Emergency First Aid in Football (EMFAIF)
- FA Certificate in Safeguarding Children
- FA Criminal Records Check
ENHANCED DBS CHECK WITH BARRED LIST
Safeguarding is fundamental to the success in all that we do. Successful candidates are subject to an enhanced DBS check with barred list.
Closing: 15 Oct 2022