Chicago Fire Football Club is a Major League Soccer team that was founded in 1997 and is Chicago’s ambassador to the global sport of soccer. The Club recently returned to Soldier Field as well as opened a new 50,000 square foot office in the heart of the city. With tremendous growth and expansion, the Club is laying the foundation for an audacious and ambitious vision that will transform the brand and the success of the Club in the coming years.
Some of the fabulous employee perks Chicago Fire Football Club offers to full-time employees include:
- Option to work remotely 1 week from any place of choice per year
- Flexible work arrangements & hybrid scheduling (upon manager approval)
Paid Time Off:
- 3 weeks of Paid Time Off upon hire
- 22 days of paid holiday time off (including 2 weeks off at the end of each calendar year)
- 4 hours of Volunteer Time Off per month
Excellent Benefit Programs
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Supplementary Life, Supplementary AD&D, Flexible, Spending Account & Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- 401k eligibility immediately upon hire with a 3% employer contribution rate
- Educational Stipend of $1,500 per year
Paid Family Leave
- 14-16 weeks fully paid leave for employees giving birth and 8 weeks fully paid leave for committed partners & spouses – applicable to foster care & adoptive parents as well.
- 6 weeks fully paid FMLA leave to care for a family member with an illness
Office Culture & Facilities
- Full game room, frequent happy hours & parties, employee recognition programs and access to a full workout center & rooftop at our central office.
Chicago Fire FC is seeking a Senior Manager of Corporate Communications to join our team. The Senior Manager of Corporate Communications will report directly to the Senior Director of Sporting Communications and will help to elevate the CFFC brand through strategic communications efforts, primarily focusing on the front office & business side of the Club. The successful candidate will be a versatile and creative individual with a passion for storytelling and working in fast-paced environments.
- Collaborate with the Senior Director of Sporting Communications to develop and execute a comprehensive and proactive corporate communications strategy for the Club.
- Evaluate and manage all front office & business media requests.
- Identify unique and interesting front office & business storylines to generate media coverage and increase brand awareness.
- Earn media placements for first team players and coaches in publications.
- Develop and manage relationships with local and national media members.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for local television news outlets.
- Prepare talking points and messaging for Club executives and spokespersons.
- Write and distribute communications materials, such as press releases, media advisories, etc.
- Assist with in-person or virtual press conferences and media availability.
- Assist with the department’s game day responsibilities for all home and away matches.
- Occasionally travel for away matches, serving as a point of contact for the first team for media members and broadcast partners.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Fully vaccinated and boosted for COVID-19
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or a related field
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in the communications field, preferably with experience working in an agency or for a major brand
- Proven ability to earn media coverage for a major brand across various platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with keen attention to detail
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines while managing multiple projects
- Ability to provide strategic counsel to Club executives on corporate communications matters
- Existing relationships with front office & business focused media members is preferred
- Strong work ethic with a track record of delivering results in high-pressure situations
- Must possess a collaborative, team-oriented mentality
- Ability to maintain a high-level of professionalism while interacting with first team players, coaches and Club executives
- Must possess integrity and values that are compatible with the organization’s vision for the future
- Must be able to work nights and weekends as needed, with occasional travel to away matches throughout the season
CFFC is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and maintaining a workplace for employees and applicants for employment that is free from discrimination. The Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, age, veteran or military status, disability, sexual orientation, sexual orientation or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.