The National Women's Soccer League (NWSL) is a Division-I professional women's soccer league featuring the most prolific domestic and international players from around the globe. The twelve-team league consists of Angel City FC, Chicago Red Stars, Houston Dash, Kansas City Current, North Carolina Courage, Orlando Pride, Portland Thorns FC, OL Reign, Racing Louisville, San Diego Wave FC, NJ/NY Gorham FC, and Washington Spirit.
The NWSL office is growing to meet the demands of the changing global landscape of professional women's soccer. We are looking for individuals who desire to make an impact on the future of sport in the United States and internationally.
We are looking for an Executive Assistant to provide personalized administrative support to the league's Commissioner and other executives and staff, time permitting on an as needed basis. The ideal candidate should have the ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion in a variety of situations and possess strong written and verbal communication skills; outstanding organizational skills; and the ability to multi-task, think critically and prioritize effectively. The Executive Administrative Assistant will be able to thrive in a fast-paced, energetic environment and adjust to changing priorities with ease.
- Provides high-level administrative support and assistance to the Commissioner and/or other assigned leadership staff.
- Maintain the Commissioner's calendar, including scheduling meetings, appointments, calls, speaking engagements, and travel arrangements.
- Exercise discretion in committing time and evaluating needs.
- Act as the point of contact between the Commissioner and internal/external stakeholders.
- Performs clerical and administrative tasks including drafting letters, memos, invoices, reports, and other documents for the Commissioner.
- Schedules and attends meetings on behalf of executives, taking notes and recording minutes.
- Receives incoming communication or memos on behalf of leadership staff, reviews contents, determines importance, and summarizes and/or distributes contents to appropriate staff.
- Proactively prepares Commissioner for upcoming commitments and meetings.
- Performs office tasks including maintaining records, ordering supplies, and performing basic bookkeeping.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3-5 years of work experience in supporting a senior executive or team
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Proficiency in MS Office programs (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment and assume additional responsibilities over time
- Multi-task and manage shifting priorities and deadlines, with attention to details
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours including evenings, occasional weekends, and holidays. This includes being able to be in the office when required.
- Strong customer service skills, with the ability to compose and convey clear and concise instructions both orally and in writing.
- Delivers high quality work and executes under pressure/deadlines.
- Perfectionist standard as it relates to details, logistics and administration
- Progressive thinking skills, a strong work ethic, and an aptitude for innovative solutions.
- Seeks feedback and works to incorporate the feedback going forward.
- Practices self-assessment and self-reflection.
- Has a strong professional and positive presence/image that represents the league both internally and externally.
NWSL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is vital to our success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or citizenship.