The Football Association [The FA] is the not-for-profit governing body of football in England. It is responsible for promoting and developing every level of the game, from grassroots through to the professional game, and generates significant revenue to support investment into English football each year.
The FA oversees England international teams across men's, women's, youth and disability football, as well as running the National League System and FA Competitions including the Emirates FA Cup, Barclays FA Women's Super League, FA Women's Championship, and Vitality Women's FA Cup, and the world-class facilities of Wembley Stadium and St. George's Park, all with a purpose to Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation.
HAVE THE DIGITAL WORLD AT YOUR FEET
Technology is key to the FA's transformation. From supporting grassroots via our day-to-day digital presence, to using data-led insights to drive the game – to developing future focused platforms for professional football – our Digital Technology team is central to our future.
Whilst investment in technology to make the experience of all participants relevant and easy, is already at the heart of how we can serve the game, we are looking to invest even further and deliver in a more iterative way, forming product lines and fully moving towards an Agile, Product Management framework.
By 2024, we will upgrade and simplify our core football administration system (moving from Whole Game System to Platform for Football) and provide enhanced capability to England teams.
Our product lines cover all those that RUN, PLAY, LEARN as well as our responsibility to REGULATE, WIN and leverage DATA whilst also ensuring sufficient focus on the CORE BUSINESS online and PLATFORMS that support each product and service across the organisation.
Join us in helping to DECIDE THE GAME and HAVE THE DIGITAL WORLD AT YOUR FEET.
This role is responsible for software development activities across a range of digital products, and will act as a focal point for all backend development activities, including setting standards and implementing quality processes for software developed by our technology partners.
Primarily working in a Microsoft-based tech stack you will participate in the full product delivery lifecycle in an Agile team using the latest technologies.
You will design, develop, test, document, and support the deployment of backend processes into production and non-production environments across a range of exciting digital products and legacy systems.
• Develop and maintain solutions, in accordance with the design provided by the solutions architects/technical leads
• Become familiar with all core FA applications and be able to assist and lead in future product developments
• Diagnose software bugs and offer resolutions.
• Keep up to date with the latest technology developments and demonstrate proactive engagement with developer communities
• Backend software development experience using Microsoft products – Key skills SQL / .NET / C#
• Experience in working with cloud platforms particularly Azure but knowledge of GCP is also beneficial
• Understanding of common software development design patterns and integration patterns
• Knowledge of software lifecycle management and packaging (CI/CD infrastructure)
• Good understanding of HTTPS, SOAP, REST, SSL, XML, JSON, XSLT, EDI, and SQL
• Experience with databases technologies like PL/SQL, stored procedure, triggers
• Demonstrate innovative thinking and be a team player
• Ability to collaborate with global remote teams
• Experience in working with Agile teams particularly using Scrum methodology
Please be aware that unless you are on a homebased contract, your contract with The FA will specify a fixed location of either Wembley Stadium, St. George's Park or our Processing Centre.
We currently work within a hybrid working model whereby the expectation is to work from your contractual location for part of the week, and as and when required by the team. The remaining days can be worked remotely. We will continue to monitor this model and it may be adjusted in future if deemed necessary.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your application.
Closing: 30 September 2022