On the ball?
FIFA’s key mission is to truly globalise, popularise and democratise football for the benefit of the entire world. We govern the game, organise competitions and promote the development of football. Fair play, team spirit and diversity are core to our game, as is excellence, working hard and having fun. We are a modern, diverse, multicultural organisation with over 800 passionate employees who are Living Football, and love what they do. Our headquarters are in Zurich, Switzerland.
FIFA is looking for an ambitious, innovative and proactive Director Tournaments & Events Services with strong leadership, organisational and communication skills. A truly global spirit, client-orientation and passion for the game will guide the Director Tournaments & Events Services in his or her daily business.
Director Tournaments & Events Services
• Responsible for the successful planning and implementation of all Tournaments & Events related services including; accommodation, travel, workforce & volunteers, event logistics, event transport, protocol & guest services, special events (subject to previous experiences)
• Planning and executing the services on time, and at a level in keeping with the set strategy and objectives
• Making FIFA the leading edge in Tournaments & Events Services
• Continuously reviewing and making recommendations to improve the requirements and regulations of above-mentioned services, and oversee and integrate them in Master Project Plans and detailed budgets in order to ensure alignment with all relevant stakeholders
• Following industry trends to be ready to anticipate changes in a responsible and timely manner
• Acting as the key point of reference for the Chief Tournaments & Events Officer on all services matters, and actively representing him when required
• Contributing as a member of the Tournaments & Events management to the overall success of the division
• Ensuring the Tournaments & Events Services Sub-Division acts as a service provider to the tournament project teams
• Alongside other Directors, taking responsibility for the overall result, and always acting with the bigger picture in mind
• Ensuring the appropriate conditions are provided together with relevant FIFA stakeholders, stadium/venue owners, host associations, LOC’s, local authorities and third-party entities
• Responsible for the spread of relevant information within the Tournaments & Events Division, and with other stakeholders within FIFA
• University or Major Degree in business management
• Tournament management knowledge and experience
• 10+years senior operational management in a sport/event organisation, or in a major project – preferably a world class football event
• Good MS office skills
• Fluent in English, any other language an asset
• Strong leader, ability to motivate and develop staff
• Global view/strategic vision and excellent planning skills
• Ability to work well under pressure, take pragmatic decisions and act promptly to the unexpected
• Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills
• Team player
• Willingness to travel frequently
You can expect a highly motivated and helpful team working in a dynamic multicultural environment. If you have the necessary qualifications and are keen to work for an international organisation, please click “apply” and submit your application in English (motivation letter, CV, diplomas and reference letters).
Fédération Internationale de Football Association, FIFA-Strasse 20, 8044 Zurich
Only direct applications via our applicant tracking system will be considered (no agencies or applications via email/post please).
Founded in 1904, the Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) is the umbrella organisation of its members, currently 211 national football associations. Its main objectives, enshrined in its statutes, are to develop football around the world, to stage international competitions and to protect the integrity of football (against match manipulation, doping etc.).
FIFA is a truly diverse, modern and multicultural organisation and its primary purpose is to promote football. Over 800 people from 50 nations – 40 per cent of which are women, including the Secretary General – covering a wide variety of professional profiles, work to fulfil that purpose. FIFA’s headquarters are based in Zurich, Switzerland. We have other offices in Zurich, as well as temporary offices around the world.
We are 'living football' – we are committed to the game, to the people, to the planet and to the future. It is what we do. It is why we are here.
Our culture is shaped by fair play, team spirit, diversity, sustainability, transparency and innovation. We live by these values. Regardless of race, religion, national origin, colour, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or citizenship – we support diversity; indeed, we consider it to be key to our success.
We are looking for talented and motivated team members who would embrace these values every day, with purpose, passion and pride, in order to make a positive impact on the world of football and beyond.
We offer a unique and exciting work environment with great opportunities for your personal and professional development.