KENT FA IS LOOKING FOR AN ENTHUSIASTIC DESIGNATED SAFEGUARDING ASSISTANT WITH A CHILD-CENTRED APPROACH AND A PASSION FOR GRASSROOTS FOOTBALL TO JOIN THE TEAM.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the implementation and delivery of safeguarding within Kent FA, implementing and maintaining The FA’s Safeguarding Operating Standard and providing support to key volunteers to embed safeguarding across the game in Kent.
The successful candidate will have a safeguarding qualification and/or relevant experience in a child protection, safeguarding, or welfare role.
Job Title: Designated Safeguarding Assistant (Maternity cover)
Location: Kent FA (Football Association) HQ, Invicta House, Cobdown Park, London Road. Aylesford. Kent. ME20 6DQ
Salary: £21,000 - £24,000.
Hours: 35 hours per week.
Closing Date: Friday 26th August 2022
Vacancy Type: Full-Time position, 35 hours per week. Fixed Term 12-month contract (Maternity cover).
• Operationally support the implementation and delivery of safeguarding within the Kent FA, being accountable for relevant areas of The FA’s Safeguarding Operating Standard for County FAs (Football Association).
• Track and ensure ongoing compliance with The FA’s Safeguarding Operating Standard for County FAs measures, policies, and procedures.
• Support the Designated Safeguarding Officer in dealing with all safeguarding poor-practice concerns and complaints with a focus on timeliness and outcomes and line with FA policy, regulations, and guidance.
• Assist the Designated Safeguarding Officer to ensure the Kent FA is compliant with safeguarding legislation e.g., Data Protection/GDPR 2018, Children’s Act, Protection of Freedoms Act (Criminal Record Checks), the Government’s ‘Working Together guidance 2018’ and any other legislation or statutory guidance that may be introduced.
• Identify, develop, and maintain strong relationships with key local safeguarding stakeholders.
• Assist the Designated Safeguarding Officer to strategically manage effective Club Welfare Officer networks; liaising with the Local Authority Designated Officers, Local Safeguarding Partnerships, Local Safeguarding Adult Boards, Children’s and Adults’ Social Care Services, Police Child Protection Teams, and support club welfare officers (youth, adults, and disability teams) to be compliant with safeguarding legislation, FA safeguarding policy, best-practice guidance, and education programmes.
The Kent FA prides itself in being an innovative and forward-thinking organisation and these are exciting times as we embark on developing a new corporate strategy to reinforce the vision, and objectives moving forward for the next four years. The successful candidate for this role will be instrumental in helping the Kent FA to deliver this.
What we can offer
• A great start to your career in football with the local governing body of the grassroots game here in the heart of the County.
• Opportunities to progress your career across the County FA Network throughout England and at the FA.
• Access to high-quality training, networking, and personal development opportunities.
• A varied and exciting working life, where you will learn about all aspects of grassroots
• Enhanced Holiday entitlement.
• Access to employee benefits including an employee experience and engagement platform, and employee assistance scheme.
Closing: 5pm on Friday 26th August 2022.