KENT FA IS PASSIONATE ABOUT INCREASING THE OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL SECTIONS OF KENT’S COMMUNITIES TO PLAY FOOTBALL.
A recently-produced Equality Action Plan provides clear direction of how we will achieve this.
As such, the Kent FA is looking for an enthusiastic Football Development Officer (Inclusion) with a passion for grassroots football to join the team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the implementation and delivery of the FA National Game Strategy and the Kent Football Strategy, helping to deliver a sustainable plan for growing disability participation levels, supporting disability clubs and leagues to provide structured opportunities and support the Wildcats centres to support the future of the female game.
Job Title: Football Development Officer (Inclusion)
Location: Kent FA HQ, Invicta House, Cobdown Park, London Road. Aylesford. Kent. ME20 6DQ
Salary: £22,000 - £26,000.
Hours: 35 hours per week.
Closing Date: Friday 26th August 2022
Vacancy Type: Full Time position. Fixed Term contract until 2024.
• Work strategically to align current and future disability football provision, ensuring an integrated approach across the Kent FA, local EFL (English Football League) club community organisations and key partners from across the disability, health, education, community and voluntary sectors.
• Represent the Kent Football Association with internal and external stakeholders, campaigners and networking groups, positively engaging and informing on diversity and inclusion targets and activities.
• Retain and grow the number of affiliated disability football teams with an emphasis on creating player pathway opportunities within FA-accredited clubs (England Accredited Club) structures for under-8, under-12, under-16 and adult age groups.
• Work with staff across departments to support in the delivery of diversity and inclusion targets and in creating a more inclusive culture across the Kent FA.
• Coordinate the delivery of a network of recreational disability football centres for male and females across key age groups: under-8, under-12, under-16 and adult.
• Develop and service a modern and sustainable competition structure across pan disability football, targeting under-8, under-12, under-16 and adult.
• Lead and deliver against the disability talent development programme within the Kent FA.
• Work with the Kent FA Equality Advisory Group to consult on plans and engage to provide advocates for diversity and inclusion activities.
• Lead the creation of the annual external report on the progress of the Kent FA diversity and inclusion programme and its published targets.
• Identify appropriate external network groups and develop the Kent FA brand through proactive engagement and membership.
• Develop activities and campaigns which will support the achievement of our diversity and inclusion targets.
The Kent FA prides itself in being an innovative and forward-thinking organisation and these are exciting times as we embark on developing a new corporate strategy to reinforce the vision, and objectives moving forward for the next four years. The successful candidate for this role will be instrumental in helping the Kent FA to deliver this.
What we can offer
• A great start to your career in football with the local governing body of the grassroots game here in the heart of the County.
• Opportunities to progress your career across the County FA Network throughout England and at The FA.
• Access to high-quality training, networking and personal development opportunities.
• A varied and exciting working life, where you’ll learn about all aspects of grassroots football.
• Enhanced Holiday entitlement.
• Access to employee benefits including an employee experience and engagement platform, and employee assistance scheme.
Closing: 5pm on Friday 26th August 2022.