Founded in 2004, Real Salt Lake is an American Professional Soccer Club. Real Salt Lake is determined to lead and inspire Utah culture by bridging the community through sport. This is reflected through a commitment to the core values of the people of Utah; those of industry, community, and pride for the state. It is the duty of Real Salt Lake to forever champion this industrious resolve as the embodiment of these core values.
The Staff Accountant will play a critical role in the daily operation and success of the Club's accounting functions. The incumbent will be motivated, organized, and driven. The position requires a solid working knowledge of accounting principles and experience.
- Performs professional accountant assignments including but not limited to Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
- Conducts settlements for events
- Prepares journal entries
- Performs bank and credit card reconciliations
- Prepares sales tax returns and generates ad hoc reports as needed.
- Manages department budgets and prepares income statements for department executives
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience performing accounting functions
- Strong technical accounting skills with solid knowledge of GAAP and its application to the company’s financial statements
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to work evenings and weekends to accommodate the teams’ schedules
The job requires regularly lifting/pushing up to 5 pounds and occasionally lifting/pushing more than 10 pounds or exerting heavy force in a wide disparity or environmental conditions. The job involves standing, stooping, bending, lifting, pushing etc.
Real Salt Lake provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and RSL reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.