Founded in 2004, Real Salt Lake is an American Professional Soccer Club. Real Salt Lake is determined to lead and inspire Utah culture by bridging the community through sport. This is reflected through a commitment to the core values of the people of Utah; those of industry, community, and pride for the state. It is the duty of Real Salt Lake to forever champion this industrious resolve as the embodiment of these core values.
The Senior Accountant will support the Club's accounting processes and priorities. This position is responsible for ensuring the work of the Staff Accountant is completed in a timely and correct manner. This person shall conduct monthly closing activities and support various audits within the organization at the request of the CFO. This is a seasoned Accountant that can work with all levels of the organization.
- Maintains General Ledger (Quickbooks) system to ensure it accurately reflects the activities of all companies.
- Conducts the monthly closing activities of the company and prepares the monthly financial statements for each legal entity and related management reports. Includes review of accounting transactions and preparation of journal entries as needed.
- Reconciles and/or oversees the reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts, including bank reconciliations, maintain supporting detail, and make adjusting entries as needed.
- Oversees the daily reconciliation of revenue per the ticket sales system to cash receipts, and ensures proper coding of revenue or deferred revenue.
- Collaborates with the promoters all stadium event/concert settlements, including the detailed accounting of all event revenues and expenses.
- Works directly with managers and directors to review their spending and management reports, and identify areas of financial opportunity and risk, with recommendations to maximize or mitigate.
- Works with the department heads to prepare the company’s annual operating expense budget and periodic forecasts.
- Timely file or review filing of all tax returns (sales/use tax, personal property tax, real property tax, 1099’s, etc.)\
- Establishes an effective system of internal control and knowledge of the company’s information systems (general ledger, ticketing, etc.)
- Work with Major League Soccer accounting staff as needed and prepare and submit league reports, including budgets, forecasts, and actual results.
- Supports the CFO as needed with analysis and recommendations.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting
- 5 or more years of relevant experience, including senior accounting manager/controller responsibilities.\
- Strong technical accounting skills with solid knowledge of GAAP and its application to the company’s financial statements
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, ownership, and other stakeholders (both verbal and written).
- Ability to lead and manage staff
- Ability to work evenings and weekends to accommodate the teams’ schedules.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The job requires regularly lifting/pushing up to 5 pounds and occasionally lifting/pushing more than 10 pounds or exerting heavy force, in a wide disparity or environmental conditions. The job involves standing, stooping, bending, lifting, pushing, typing, etc.
Real Salt Lake provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and RSL reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.