United Soccer League
Job Title: Digital Services Coordinator
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Tampa, FL (USL Headquarters)
Overview of the United Soccer League (USL)
The United Soccer League (USL) is shaping the future of soccer in America. We are the nation’s largest and fastest-growing professional soccer organization, bringing the world’s game to more and more communities across the United States and Canada. Based in Tampa, Fla., the USL oversees multiple professional and elite pre-professional leagues, including the USL Championship, USL Super League, USL League One, USL League Two, USL W League, USL Academy, and Super Y League.
We are authentic to the spirit of the game, honoring the dedication of the players, the passion of the supporters, and the culture of the clubs. We believe in the power of soccer to unite people, provide unique life experiences, and have a meaningful impact in local communities. We work as a team, challenge the status quo, and strive to make everyone feel welcome.
United Soccer League is the proud recipient of Front Office Sports' Best Employers in Sports 2021 and Tampa Bay Business Journal's Coolest Office Spaces.
United Soccer League is seeking an entry-level Digital Services Coordinator who will play an integral role in the development of league and team digital channels such as websites and mobile applications. This role will lead the construction, maintenance and optimization of cross-platform digital initiatives in coordination with league and club stakeholders, focusing on the enhancement of the fan experience through innovative and immersive content-based experiences.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Conceptualize, build and publish new pages to support league initiatives
- Drive fan intelligence efforts through incentivized and participation driven content activations e.g., polls, quizzes and competitions with a specific focus on cultivating a sports betting audience
- Work alongside other areas of the business such as Communications, Social Media and Creative Services personnel to identify content opportunities and construct corresponding site structure
- Support fan engagement strategies for professional men’s and women’s soccer clubs throughout the USL ecosystem. Associated duties include platform management support, conducting regular property audits, maintaining consistent communication and the delivery of performance reports as well as tailored action plans
- Maximize revenue generation through digital platforms by working in tandem with Corporate Partnerships to curate web advertising inventory via platform CMS and Google Ad Manager
- Implement on-page and on-site SEO best practices as directed
- Assist in gameday management of real-time web content (nights and weekends in rotation March-November)
- Work with other areas of the business – Communications, Development, Operations etc. – to accomplish their web and mobile application goals
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Web Design, Information Services, Sport Management or related field
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic a must, must have a team-first mentality
- Should be extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with emphasis on writing and editing
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekend and game nights
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Solid web and/or mobile application management skills, internet knowledge, and basic working knowledge of HTML is preferred
- Ability to work as business needs require which may include long days, evenings, weekends, occasional holidays, and travel if / when necessary
- Must have U.S. work authorization
We have great Perks - Comprehensive Benefits Package • Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance • Health HSA and FSA • 401k with up to 6% match • Corporate Discounts • Paid Vacation, Holiday & Sick Days • Business Casual Dress • Casual Dress Fridays • And More!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.