Wigan Athletic Community Trust is looking to recruit a Football and Education Tutor.
Joining an expanding and dynamic Training and Skills team, the successful candidate will inspire and motivate students through the delivery of our post-16 Football and Education programme.
Length of contract: Full time - Permanent
- Lead on the delivery of all aspects of the Community Trust’s BTEC Level 2 and 3 Football and Education programmes – including recruitment and teaching of learners between the ages of 16 – 19
- Ensure all lessons, including the planning, preparation and assessment of, are delivered to the standard required by funding partners and external verifiers
- Embed Maths and English across the delivery of all classroom lessons and activities and be on site during GCSE delivery, to increase achievement in these subjects
- Maintain a positive learning environment and use behaviour management procedures as appropriate
- Support learners with progression routes and develop employability skills
- Manage the learners involvement in the EFL Community and Education Alliance, organising fixtures and friendlies
- Organise and deliver a football coaching programme to support the learner’s involvement in the EFL Community and Education Football Alliance
- Provide teaching cover in case of holidays and sickness for other training and skills programmes delivered by the Community Trust
You will have:
- The ability to inspire and motivate students from a range of diverse and sometimes challenging backgrounds
- A PGCE in further education and relevant and current subject knowledge of sport coaching
- Experience of teaching within further education (can be gained through PGCE)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- The ability to plan and organise own workload effectively
- Ability to empathise with students and also challenge negative behaviours
Due to this post being in regulated activity, the potential employee will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Closing date for applications: Monday 15th August 9am.
Wigan Athletic Community Trust is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief or sex and sexual orientation.