The Assistant Academy Athletic Trainer will assist in day-to-day sports medicine operations for DC United youth academy soccer teams. In this capacity, the Assistant Academy Athletic Trainer will help by providing injury prevention strategies, evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation for academy players in accordance with the academy’s curriculum, periodization, objectives and values. The Assistant Academy Athletic Trainer works under the direction and supervision of the Academy Athletic Trainer.
- Manual Therapy Techniques
- Soft Tissue Mobilization
- Injury Evaluation
- Emergency Management Skills
- Development of rehabilitation programs
- Great Communication – Written and Verbal
- Effective and Creative ProblemSolving Skills
- Ability to work afternoons, evenings and weekend as defined per training and game schedule
- NATABOC (or CATA) Certified Athletic Trainer
- Current professional CPR certification
- Possess personal professional liability insurance
- Licensed in the State of Virginia or eligible to be licensed
- Minimum four (4) year bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree in healthrelated field preferred
- Performs as Certified Athletic Trainer assisting the Head Academy Athletic Trainer. Health care includes but is not limited to: first aid / emergency care, onsite injury evaluation, developing rehabilitation and prevention programs.
- Communicating injuries to Head Academy Athletic Trainer with verbal and daily written reports
- Inventory supplies and clinical equipment
- Keep athletic training room and clinic area safe, clean, and organized
- Coverage of home and away matches as assigned
- Comply with all DC United and US Soccer medical policies and protocols with OSHA Standards with regards to blood borne pathogens
- Evaluate and treat player injuries and update Head AT when needed
- Training and game day set up – includes packing and supplying travel trips
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
- Attend all training session for U14 team: Approximately 7:008:30 four times per week
- Attend all matches (most of which are home/regional. There are a few longer trips throughout the season
D.C. United is committed to uplifting our community, staff, and club. We are seeking candidates to be a part of our journey in our quest for continued organizational growth and another MLS Cup.
D.C. United will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
D.C. United is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). D.C. United reaffirms its commitment to the principles of equal opportunity and diversity. D.C. United is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. D.C. United is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, pregnancy, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws. Employment decisions can include hiring, termination, compensation, benefits, promotion, training selection, or other statuses or conditions of employment. All employment decisions are made on the basis of individual skills, knowledge, abilities, job performance, and other appropriate qualifications.