We are very excited to recruit for a newly created role within Hull City FC. The Academy Player Care Manager will be responsible for creating and delivering a comprehensive programme for our Academy players, covering off-field topics such as life skills, personal development and mental wellbeing, ensuring that our players are appropriately supported for life in and beyond football.
Location: Hull City Academy, The Croft, Bishop Burton College, HU17 8QG
Your key responsibilities
- To create, maintain, and deliver an effective Life Skills/ Personal Development Programme for Academy players that includes one to one support where appropriate
- Contribute to the long term strategic direction of the Academy’s player care provision with appropriate staff
- Work effectively with Recruitment and the Head of Safeguarding to support players attending the Academy on a trial basis at all stages, including ensuring their accommodation, transport and initial introduction needs are met
- To formally monitor the transition of newly signed players and their induction in the training programme
- To attend and report to MDT meetings on all aspects of Player Care and wellbeing
- To lead and manage on the delivery of parent and player voice initiatives and forums, disseminating information back to the AMT at timely intervals. Providing player and parent reports and questionnaires.
- Within an MDT capacity, monitor initial destinations of players exiting the Academy at pre-16 and develop the Graduation Tracking Database for Academy players
- To provide relevant support for all players released
- Ensure player development plans are in place for all players to support their holistic development
- To work closely with and co-ordinate the Academy Psychologist
- Work with Head of Safeguarding and Academy Psychologist to manage the Academy’s mental and emotional wellbeing strategy
- Work closely with and co-ordinate the Academy Nutritionist
- Co-ordinate and work closely with Academy Mental Health Practitioner
- Support Coaches through the retain and release process and be available for 6 week reviews when requested
- Support the Head of Education in building and maintaining relationships with schools
- Prepare, monitoring and support of players whilst out on loan
- Contribute to the facilitation of all Academy Trips/Tours. Ensuring compliance of the league and tour guidelines and make sure all necessary paperwork and risk assessments are in place, including consent forms, passports and immigration documents
- Support Coaches with their understanding of Player Care
- Support The Head of Safeguarding in the monitoring of Host Families and gaining the player and parent’s views on a regular basis.
- Facilitate the transportation of the scholars to and from work
- Ensure that all player care expectations and standards as defined by the EFL, Premier League and Auditors are met or exceeded.
- To lead on the Academy’s EDI
- Build professional working relationships with players and parents across the whole Academy
- Act upon concerns identified and raised and report them to an appropriate individual
- To instill Academy values across all age groups
- Keep the club communication team updated with any successes of previous Academy players
- Ensure the Academy complies with all EPPP rules in regards Player Care
- Maintain confidential records and reports, and use the Club’s electronic safeguarding system to report and log concerns.
- Willingness to work unsocial hours which will include some evenings and weekend work
- The safeguarding and welfare of our players is paramount and as such this position is subject to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
What are we looking for?
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Experience of working with children and young people
- An interest in promoting the wellbeing and welfare of players
- Ability to relate to and build rapport quickly and easily with children and young people
- Able to work well as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong listening skills
- Confident, resilient and self-motivated
- Able to represent the Academy in a professional manner at all times
- Confident, enthustatic and engaging personality
- Ability to deliver workshops to young people and parents
- Strong knowledge of child protection issues, policies and best practice
What can we offer you?
- 20 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays)
- 20% off at Tiger Leisure
- 2 x season cards for you and/or your family to attend Hull City home games (following probation)
- Free on-site parking
Hull City Tigers Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, belief and gender.
The safeguarding and welfare of children and young people is paramount of importance to Hull City and as such this position is subject to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Hull City is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people. We expect all our Board, staff and volunteers to always adhere, demonstrate and communicate this commitment. Hull City fully accepts our responsibility to welfare and protection of children and young people therefore, our aim is for the golden thread of safeguarding to run through every element of the club’s work.