Indy Eleven internships are available for course credit only. Interns are provided a paid monthly parking stipend but are otherwise unpaid. Positions are less than 30 hours per week but will depend on the number of hours needed to complete course credit. Work schedules will be set at the beginning of the internship.
Indy Eleven Professional Soccer is now accepting candidates for its Team Content Video Internship position. This position is ideal for students looking to gain experience in the sport communications, marketing and/or journalism fields via promotion and coverage of the team side of Indy Eleven. This role will work closely with the club’s Communications team in covering its players, coaches, and team staff, chronicling their individual and collective stories both on and away from the field of play.
The vast majority of this position’s workload will pertain to capturing video footage that will assist storytelling efforts for the team’s multimedia and social media channels, with additional video-related projects also handled on a priority basis for the organization.
With fulfillment of expected duties, the selected candidate will walk away at the end of their time with valuable and professional assets for their portfolio.
This part-time position is available for course credit only and will be expected to provide a maximum of 30 hours per week; hours will ultimately depend on the amount needed to satisfy course work. The Team Content Video Intern will report directly to the Manager, Content Communications, Team Sr. Director, with guidance provided by the Senior Director, Communications & Marketing and additional roles with the Communications and Marketing Departments. The position is unpaid and not benefit eligible, although the company does provide a paid parking stipend. Work schedule will be flexible and determined week-to-week as dictated by match schedule and events.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Specific projects will range from assisting set up and providing secondary camera support all the way to executing “front to back” projects that will see the intern in charge of content creation, execution, and post-production duties, depending on the specific project.
- Assist in exploring and implementing multimedia strategies that are low cost, achievable, and effective at sharing the club’s stories and initiatives
- Assist the Multimedia Manager with maintenance of video archives, including video footage and graphics created in conjunction with projects
- Attend team practices at Grand Park Sports Complex in Westfield (35 minutes north of downtown) and events throughout the Indy area as projects dictate
- Attend ALL home games at IUPUI Carroll Stadium during the course of the internship for gameday coverage
Qualifications and Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Highly experienced with video shooting and editing techniques
- Knowledge and abilities in Adobe Creative Cloud including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and AfterEffects is preferred
- Must have laptop capable of processing design programs
- Ability to work as a part of a team, including being trusted to work with confidential information
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism within a professional sports environment and in media work zones.
- Flexibility to work long and irregular hours, including nights, weekends and holidays as assigned
- Must have own mode of transportation to get to and from office, training facility, and events
- Ability to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time
- Experience in Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel, and Teams) is a plus
- Bilingual capabilities a plus
Candidates interested in this position are asked to submit:
- a resume
- a cover letter
- links to three examples of relevant video clips and/or an online portfolio
- a list of at least two professional/personal references
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.