U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes and fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
The Federation’s core principles set organization-wide standards to identify and foster our culture and inform how we interact and hold each other accountable. These principles guide U.S. Soccer: We Win Together. We Aim High. We Champion Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. To be successful as a USSF employee, it is critical to demonstrate and live up to these principles every day and with every interaction with peers, stakeholders, and partners.
The Federation’s core values are the individual attributes and characteristics that staff embody to uphold the organization’s principles and succeed. These values guide our employees: Integrity. Commitment. Teamwork. Respect.
Reporting to the Talent Identification Coordinator, the Talent Identification intern will be responsible for administrative and operational support of the Talent Identification Department. This person is expected to support an extensive network of National Team staff, Talent Identification Managers, and scouts. In addition, help organize and assist the Talent Identification Coordinator in executing all processes and special projects.
- Provide administrative support to the Talent Identification Coordinator with cleaning and organizing data, responding to public inquiries about Talent ID, and other tasks
- Support the U.S. Soccer YNT Identification Center program by maintaining the calendar, distributing invitations, and offering operational assistance to Talent ID Managers
- Assist in managing the calendar of scouting assignments and providing logistical support for Talent ID Managers and scouts
- Monitor scouting database and provide technical Scout7 support
- Create data visualization tools to analyze players and programs by creating data visualization tools to identify trends within YNT ID Centers, player reporting, YNT Network Scout activity, etc
- Efficiently communicate with and distribute player data to key stakeholders and other sporting departments
- Support in camp TID operations when needed
- Have or working towards a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Sports Administration/Management, Business, Marketing, Communications, or a related discipline
- Strong knowledge of the sport and the overall soccer landscape in the U.S.
- Excellent written and verbal communication combined with a professional demeanor
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to deliver high-quality work and execute under pressure/deadlines
- Exceptional time management skills and knowledge to prioritize workflow
- Proficient with technology programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, Keynote, etc.) with a particular emphasis on Excel
- Experience in developing/supporting technology platforms or database management is a plus
- Experience with soccer scouting and data platforms (Scout7, Opta, etc.) is a plus
- Capable of working in fast-paced and demanding environments
- Able and willing to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Able and willing to travel a couple of times to TID camps during the internship program
- Bilingual (English, Spanish or other)
- Passion for soccer
- Previous experience with club or national team
Working at U.S. Soccer is a unique opportunity. Employees who work at U.S. Soccer have the following attributes:
- Live our Principles & Values
- Adopt a company centric approach—Serve the Athlete and the Fan
- Embrace and see learning as a lifelong pursuit
- Possess a growth mindset—keeps an open mind and seeks new challenges
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
- Open to criticism and does not make excuses
- Possess a tireless work ethic
- Wants to be part of a team that wins
- Has the ability to be firm but fair
- Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
- Build relationships through genuine interpersonal skills
- U.S. Soccer has mandated the Covid-19 vaccine and is requiring all staff to be fully vaccinated at the start of employment