United Soccer League
Job Title: Video & Photo Platform Coordinator
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Tampa, FL (USL Headquarters)
Overview of the United Soccer League (USL)
The United Soccer League (USL) is shaping the future of soccer in America. We are the nation’s largest and fastest-growing professional soccer organization, bringing the world’s game to more and more communities across the United States and Canada. Based in Tampa, Fla., the USL oversees multiple professional and elite pre-professional leagues, including the USL Championship, USL Super League, USL League One, USL League Two, USL W League, USL Academy, and Super Y League.
We are authentic to the spirit of the game, honoring the dedication of the players, the passion of the supporters, and the culture of the clubs. We believe in the power of soccer to unite people, provide unique life experiences, and have a meaningful impact in local communities. We work as a team, challenge the status quo, and strive to make everyone feel welcome.
United Soccer League is the proud recipient of Front Office Sports' Best Employers in Sports 2021 and Tampa Bay Business Journal's Coolest Office Spaces.
Under the direction of the Director, Creative Services, the Video & Photo Platform Coordinator supports video and photo content creation for USL, it’s leagues and properties. They will be responsible for YouTube channel management and content, administration of digital asset management and video highlight platforms, and editing video content for USL channels. The Video & Photo Platform Coordinator will be part of the game duty rotation covering post-match highlight creation and posting, which requires working nights and weekends. Soccer knowledge is a plus for the role.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manages multiple YouTube channels for USL owned properties
- Oversee day-to-day operations for company channels including optimizing and publishing videos, brainstorming with the creative team, and collaborating with creative team on direction
- Be responsible for the upload/publishing and optimization of content channels and oversee general day to day operations
- Assist with fan engagement, community tab management, and comment moderation
- Digital Asset Management
- Manages our digital asset management platform (Canto)
- Serves as point of contact for internal staff, partners, and stakeholders in onboarding users and tagging, organizing, and distributing assets
- Responsible for maintaining and enforcing minimum standards for photo assets submitted by partners
- Video Clip System Management
- Manages the account for our highlight clip platform (WSC)
- Serves as point of contact for internal staff, partners, and stakeholders for onboarding users, training, and communication of optimization strategies for the platform
- Edits video projects as assigned
- Game Duty
- On rotation with other team members, works some nights and weekends, creating post-match highlights for games utilizing the WSC platform
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Video Production or a related discipline preferred, or equivalent experience/combined education.
- Experience managing a YouTube channel, including an understanding of what drives engagement.
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Premiere and Photoshop.
- Experience with digital asset management, including meta-data tagging and management, preferred.
- An understanding of/experience with photography is a bonus.
- Ability to work as part of a team and comfort with a collaborative approach to content creation.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact with team members, executives, member clubs, and external partners.
- Ability to work independently in a multi-faceted, fast, fluid, and deadline-driven environment.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic a must.
- Ability to work as business needs require which may include long days, evenings, weekends, occasional holidays, and travel if / when necessary.
- Must have U.S. work authorization.
We have great Perks - Comprehensive Benefits Package • Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance • Health HSA and FSA • 401k w/ up to 6% match • Corporate Discounts • Paid Vacation, Holiday & Sick Days • Business Casual Dress • Casual Dress Fridays • And More!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.