The NWSL office is growing to meet the demands of the changing global landscape of professional women's soccer. We are looking for individuals who desire to make an impact on the future of sport in the United States and internationally.
The CFO will be responsible for all financial matters at NWSL. The CFO will work closely with the senior management to develop and implement business and financial strategies across the organization while also interfacing with investors/Board of Governors.
The ideal candidate will lead a finance organization capable of providing key strategic insights, through best-in-class financial reporting, long and short-range planning and forecasting. The CFO, through the use of empirical data and marketplace trends will provide fact-based support to further the goals of the League.
- Provide hands-on, metrics driven financial leadership to ensure accelerated growth and profitability while providing all stakeholders with operational insights to better manage the business.
- Oversee forecasting, budgeting, reporting and project analysis, collaborating with business partners to develop assumptions to drive efficiencies in the business.
- Build relationship with the Board of Governors to further increase transparency and trust between Board and the League office.
- Continuously evaluate performance against short and long-term strategic financial objectives that ensue actionable growth strategies.
- Guide multiyear forecast process to provide Commissioner & Board of Governors with the tools needed to make strategic decisions.
- Implement and maintain the systems and processes necessary for reporting upon key business metrics and ad hoc analysis in a scalable and efficient manner.
- Strengthen analytics to ensure a full understanding of the trends in the marketplace.
- Continue ongoing professionalization of League reporting and value creation for stakeholders.
- Guide the League through its first audit and partnership capital account maintenance project.
- Protect assets by establishing and enforcing internal control systems while partnering with external auditors.
- Working closely with outside accounting Firm, oversee all tax related matters.
- Through financial rigor, develop new market initiatives by:
- Recommending business objectives and defining key initiatives and resources required to achieve goals.
- Assessing financial feasibility
- Supporting the implementation of key strategic initiatives as appropriate
- Recommend capital structure by managing current expenses and preparing assumptions and analyses.
- Provide oversight for all IT initiatives to ensure on-time and on- budget delivery of IT projects.
- Prepare and present Board Books to all stakeholders providing transparent and accurate financial data that is both actionable and accurate.
- Ensure financial risks are mitigated to the utmost extent possible.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management, or related field required.
- Previous successful experience as a CFO hailing from Sports, Media, or an analogous business to the NWSL.
- Demonstrated expertise in designing, implementing, and managing financial systems which integrate operations and finance.
- Experience overseeing Accounting, Financial Reporting and FP&A, Budgeting, M&A integration including complex financial consolidation understanding multiple accounting principles and policies.
- Operationally driven finance leader with demonstrated experience in creating predictable, measurable financial modeling and systems that have led to clear value creation.
- Passion for the sport, the elite athletes and the fans that make up the ecosystem.
On a personal level, this individual must be self-confident and resilient. The candidate will possess the seasoning and maturity that comes with experience, combined with a high energy level and enthusiasm. This executive must have the presence, visibility and record of accomplishment that will enable them to immediately establish credibility both within the organization and with individuals external to it. The ideal candidate will be an intelligent, nimble, and forward-thinking financial executive who is team-oriented, proactive and predisposed to act as a "partner, mentor, player/coach" in the finance function. They will have a "roll up the sleeves" attitude and a "hands on" style, while also being sensitive to the organization and the dynamics of effecting change.
This person will be well-organized having strong leadership and managerial skills. In addition, the ideal candidate will have the flexibility and adaptability to be able to change direction instantly to meet the dynamic needs of the Organization. Most importantly, the ideal candidate will be ethical and have an unquestioned level of personal and professional integrity.
NWSL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is vital to our success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or citizenship.