The NWSL office is growing to meet the demands of the changing global landscape of professional women's soccer. We are looking for individuals who desire to make an impact on the future of sport in the United States and internationally.
The VP of Human Resources will further develop and align HR strategies with NWSL's Mission and Values, its core business objectives, and its talent and diversity strategies across the League.
This individual will be a senior level business partner, serving as the strategic and tactical lead on all HR initiatives, especially as it relates to organizational design/effectiveness and culture. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic and innovative executive with the experience and comportment to lead Human Capital across a multi-faceted population that includes the League Staff and the players.
- Enhance, implement, and deploy human resources systems, policies and practices that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the League.
- Influence leadership by establishing credibility, trust, and rapport throughout the organization to be an effective listener and problem solver of business and people issues.
- Act as a trusted adviser and thought partner on operational and strategic business issues.
- Manage, build out and enhance player education, engagement, and experience.
- Direct the development of talent management strategies and implementation plans to attract, retain and motivate talent; continuously strive for efficient talent recruitment processes.
- Identify, develop and share best practices across the League and with the Club ecosystem as it relates to people and culture initiatives.
- Manage all employee relations issues and makes recommendations to resolve concerns and/or improve employee experience, morale and productivity.
- Lead initiatives that serve to enhance the employee experience (eg. on-boarding, employee recognition, internal events) using innovative thinking and external best practices.
- Conduct investigations in response to employee relations concerns, including harassment, discrimination, retaliation, workplace violence, and other violations of rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Provide training and proactive prevention strategies to create an environment of trust and confidence.
- Develop metrics and reporting to provide data for decision making. Track effectiveness of solutions with quarterly follow up reports and/or meetings with senior leadership.
- Communicate the employee value proposition to tie the people strategy and business strategies together, allowing the League to create "value" to all its employees.
- Oversee the employee management process in an environment that recognizes, appreciates and rewards top performance, as well as properly coaching, counseling, developing and monitoring performance improvement plans and/or exit strategies for underperformers.
- Assess organizational climate and implement organizational changes as appropriate to drive employee engagement.
- Manage diversity, equity and inclusion plans.
- Working with Chief Legal Officer, ensure compliance with all HR regulations including, but not limited to mandatory sexual harassment and discrimination training, ADA, FMLAFLSA, EEOC and all required DOL reporting.
- Ensure that progressive and competitive compensation and benefits programs are in place that motivate and incentivize employee performance to reach organizational goals.
- Design and implement a variety of contemporary human resources policies and practices.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality and sensitivity to all HR related matters and information.
- Maintain a working knowledge of relevant regulatory issues, of professional or industry substantive codes and of federal and state laws and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- Previous 'academy' HR company experience and expertise, hailing from a contemporary analogous business.
- Strong relationship skills and empathetic listening ability to establish and engender trust with employees, players, and partners.
- Solid Human Resource functional experience in the areas of organizational design and effectiveness, employee relations, talent acquisition and leadership development to help bring solutions to business needs.
- Demonstrated success in diagnosing both the Organization and Individuals, with an independent point of view that empowers leaders and encourages cultural shifts where needed.
- Previous track record delivering sustainable business results though best-in-class people practices.
- A 'coach' who is skilled at 'active listening' in large groups as well as one-on-one -excellent communication skills are imperative.
- A reputation for execution and getting things done - must be dogged in their approach, able to break through status quo through high action orientation.
- Strong organizational planning and development skills with a particular focus on assessing diverse employee populations, benchmarking talent and implementing development programs.
- Must be accountable - never distracted, always focused on both near- and long-term goals of the business units.
- Previous experience and success partnering with Senior Leadership in a highly motivated community.
- Experience in a high-growth organization with evolving business and reporting lines.
- Excellent solution-oriented skills and a positive attitude are a must.
This executive must have the presence, visibility and record of accomplishment that will enable them to immediately establish credibility both within the organization and with external partners. They will be a dynamic and highly empathetic executive with high EQ as well as very strong influence management skills. The ideal candidate will be an intellectually curious, results-driven individual-a team player who serves as an advisor, change agent and a manager of results. They will have a natural ability to engage and interact with a wide variety of constituents. Finally, the successful candidate will demand of themself and others the highest professional standards and personal and professional integrity.
NWSL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is vital to our success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or citizenship.