As the organiser of some of the biggest and most iconic sport events in the world we lead the way in the sport and event industry.
We are now looking for a Venue Telecommunications Manager (Freelancer, Temporary from 1.10.22 to 19.12.22, based in Qatar) that is part of FIFA and supports us on our mission.
These are your key tasks:
- Represent FIFA Technology within assigned venue in liaison with key stakeholders and delivery partners, reporting into the Q22 Venue IT Manager (VITM).
- Ensure all aspects of the IT and broadcast telecommunications services are implemented according to FIFA requirements. Including but not limited to: Broadcast Contribution Network, satellite backup; Event Network (WAN, MAN, LAN, WLAN, cabling and containment); Internet, VLAN, VPN services, VoIP; TETRA and Mobile Network; CATV/IPTV; Rate Card (VoIP/Internet/IP Codecs)
- Deployment of technology services / ongoing support to the following venues: (Stadia; International Broadcast Centre and Main Media Centre; Outside Presentation Facilities, Training Sites, Main Operation Center, Accreditation Centers, Ticketing Centers, Hotels, airports, Transport locations, etc.)
- Integration of key tournament technology services with the FIFA Event Network environment (e.g. Accreditation and Ticketing operations)
- Liaison with key stakeholders, clients and event functional areas to collect specific network and cyber security requirements, most importantly from, Football Technology Innovation (FTI) suppliers, Media and Broadcasters. Follow-up with various providers and entities in relation to ensuring delivery of connectivity as per agreed service levels.
- Ensure that all information pertaining to infrastructure, services and spaces needed for the delivery and support of event technology and broadcast IT services are communicated to, and understood, by venue / site authorities and respective.
- On-site coordination of technical teams from the IT & Telecom supplier in their Site and/or User Acceptance testing activity of IT & Telecom Infrastructure and technology services.
- Coordinate on-venue IT & Telecom Infrastructure related support and ensure incidents and requests are managed within the service level agreements (SLAs). Provide continuous quality assurances to all IT & Telecom Infrastructure related ITSM tickets.
- Work closely with network teams to validate Wi-Fi implementation as per planned channel allocations.
- Management of spectrum interference incidents, in liaison with the VITM and Communications Regulatory Authority staff in venue.
- Ensure all mandatory reports set out by are submitted in a timely manner. Regular communication into the IT Command Centre (ITCC), keeping the Infrastructure Duty Manager informed of progress on major incidents, risks, actions and other relevant issues.
- Provide daily updates to the ITCC applicable to the delivery of technology services for the assigned venues, as directed by the VITM in the format determined.
- On-time daily reporting to ITCC of bump-in and operations activities.
- Active participation in pre-tournament training, readiness exercises and rehearsals
- Possibility to be re-allocated to other FIFA World CupTM venues and provide support if called upon.
- Other duties as assigned by FIFA Technology.
These tasks are a good start. Time will change. Take it and shape it.
We work hard at FIFA.
We are dedicated, ambitious and innovative.
And we respect our values. Always.
For all roles, we seek talented people with an entrepreneurial spirit and a global mindset.
The specific competencies we require for this position are:
- Minimum 5 years overall IT/Technology experience within the major sporting event industry.
- Prior IT & Telecom Infrastructure operational experience for two or more major sport events. Management of Infrastructure suppliers / technicians Teams is highly desirable.
- Strong knowledge of relevant IT and Telecommunication Infrastructure technologies of applicable technology services in competition and non-competition venues, including telecom infrastructure skills, CATV, AV systems, Radio communications systems, etc.
- Strong network skills
- 5 years' experience of supervision and management of multi-cultural teams
- Experience in a past FIFA tournament is advantageous
- Process driven
- Good attention to detail
- Diligent and hard working
- Effective communication / people skills
- Excellent time management
- Effective manager and motivator
- The role is based in Qatar, accomodation provided by FIFA