This position is responsible for FC Tulsa’s community initiatives.
- Develop, implement, and manage all functions of community programs including partnership relations, staffing, contracts, budgets/accounting, activation, and reporting to grow audiences and brand awareness.
- Develop, implement, and manage creative and impactful community programs and events, including but not limited to player appearances, soccer festivals, soccer clinics and young leader trainings.
- Develop initiatives that use the game of soccer to make positive change and be a force for good in the greater Tulsa region.
- Support the marketing and communications department in creating and generating strategy and plans as well as development of content for owned and earned media opportunities related to Community initiatives.
- Build relationships and collaborate on values-aligned initiatives with key internal and external stakeholders, including Tulsa philanthropic agencies and community-based organizations, and existing FC Tulsa community partners.
- Manage KPI development, measurement and reporting for community programs including data collection, analysis, tracking of participants, and generation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for organizational stakeholders.
- Manage all community activation and donation requests sent to FC Tulsa, internally and externally, and track and report all requests.
- Create meaningful employee volunteer opportunities that help scale social impact of community programs and support various charitable initiatives in the community.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Management.
- The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited College/University required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in community relations and community event management required, experience working in the non-profit sector/private sector preferred.
- Experience working in community relations for a professional sports organization preferred.
- Ability to meet deadlines, accomplish work in order of priority, professionally maintain composure and effectiveness under pressure and changing conditions.
- Ability to effectively manage relationships with club’s community partners and networks.
- Strong understanding of multi-cultural and cross-cultural settings and of individuals of various backgrounds.
- Strong knowledge of Tulsa schools and youth- and community-based organizations.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and written/verbal communication skills.
- Dependable team player who works collaboratively and cooperatively with staff in a team-oriented environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
- A strong background in youth soccer and an interest in the non-profit sector preferable.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.