The Academy Athletic Trainer will manage the day-to-day sports medicine operations for the D.C. United Academy. In this capacity, the Academy Athletic Trainer provides injury prevention strategies, evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation for players' medical problems. The Academy Athletic Trainer works under the direction and supervision of the Academy Director and First Team Head Athletic Trainer.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs as Academy Athletic Trainer in managing the health care of players. Health care includes but is not limited to: first aid/ emergency care, on-site injury evaluation, application of appropriate modalities, developing rehabilitation and prevention programs, as well as conducting rehabilitation and making medical referrals.
- Responsible for medical coverage of Academy training sessions, weight room sessions, and home and away matches. This includes securing coverage as needed.
- Maintain a complete and up to date roster of player health and participation records in the League-provided electronic medical record system.
- Maintain inventory of supplies and clinical equipment.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills required to work effectively with players, coaches, other team personnel and Academy staff.
- Comply with all MLS Next, MLS, and US Soccer medical policies and protocol.
- Comply with OSHA Standards with regards to blood borne pathogens.
- Responsible for the maintenance, creation and control of all personally identifiable information or any other information protected by any Confidentiality or Privacy Standards or Company Policies that you have access or knowledge of, including but not limited to any state or federal regulations including HIPPA.
- Work closely with Academy Performance Coach to establish return to play guidelines, monitor athlete workload, establish injury prevention strategies, nutrition / meal planning, and assist with weight room modifications for injured athletes.
- Distribute weekly and daily injury reports to relevant personnel.
- Attend Academy staff meetings.
- Special projects and assignments as needed.
- Work in accordance with Academy objectives and values.
- Represent D.C. United with top class appearance & professionalism
- Ability to plan rehabilitation and training sessions in coordination with professional/performance coaching staff
- Knowledge of MLS/DMV soccer landscape
- Exceptional organization, communication, presentation, & management skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Available to work flexible hours including nights, weekends & holidays
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- NATABOC (or CATA) Certified Athletic Trainer.
- In good standing with NATABOC and a member of the NATA (or CATA).
- AT State License or eligible for licensure.
- Current professional CPR & AED certification.
- Possess personal professional liability insurance.
D.C. United is committed to uplifting our community, staff, and club. We are seeking candidates to be a part of our journey in our quest for continued organizational growth and another MLS Cup.
D.C. United will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
D.C. United is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). D.C. United reaffirms its commitment to the principles of equal opportunity and diversity. D.C. United is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. D.C. United is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, pregnancy, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws. Employment decisions can include hiring, termination, compensation, benefits, promotion, training selection, or other statuses or conditions of employment. All employment decisions are made on the basis of individual skills, knowledge, abilities, job performance, and other appropriate qualifications.