Cheltenham Town Football Club are seeking an individual to join us as our Lead Athlete Development Coach.
You will be required to enhance an athlete’s ability to perform and meet the physical demands of a professional footballer through injury prevention, rehabilitation and strength and condition programmes.
Cheltenham Town FC Training Ground, Cheltenham, GL51 9RX
Working Pattern and Work base
Full Time (37 Hours)
- Required to work outside of normal office hours, at evenings and weekends, on bank holidays and public holidays.
- Required to work across different bases
Regular travel to fixtures, meetings and other events in connection with performance of the duties detailed below.
Overall purpose of the job
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team to enhance the players ability to perform and meet the physical demands of professional football specifically in the PDP and YDP phases.
Oversee and work with the academy strength and conditioning coaches to develop and deliver the appropriate level of S&C support at all levels in the academy (U9 – U18).
Responsible to: Academy Manager & Head of Medical
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Undertake self-development to ensure knowledge in relation to all aspect of role is up-to-date and forward thinking
- Build relationships throughout the Academy and broader
- Provide occasional cover for absent S&C coaches
Role & Responsibilities
- Conduct several gym sessions per week for PDP and YDP (U16 – U14) Including individual training plans for all. If required provide and monitor home programmes for relevant players.
- Ensure health and safety is to the highest standard and that players are advised on the effective and safe use of all equipment. Take responsibility for the maintenance, repair and security of fitness equipment
- Completion of the PMA 6 weekly reports.
- Completion of the PMA weekly register.
- Assessment and reporting of strength markers against benchmarks as part of our athlete profiling.
- Completion of physical testing 3 times a season for U18s and twice for U9- U16s.
- Working effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team on injury prevention using GPS vest to provide analytical data.
- Attendance at the relevant CPD & in-service training programme as specified throughout the season.
- Attend and input into MDT meetings
- Attend departmental meetings
Such other duties as may be appropriate to achieve the objectives of the post and to assist the Academy Manager.
- Post graduate degree in Sports Performance discipline
- UKSCA or NSCC Qualification (or working towards)
Required Experience Experience of working in at least 1 of the following roles:
- Personal Trainer
- Sports Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Lead Sports Scientist Knowledge and/or experience of at least 1 of the following:
- Working in a professional football club with young athlete
- Working in a sporting environment with young athletes
- Working in a gym setting delivering strength and conditioning programmes
- Delivering athlete physiological and performance testing with a comprehensive evaluation ICT experience of PMA, excel, word and any other software as required to carry out the duties required for the job.
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Have a flexible attitude to work
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Have a polite and courteous manner
- Be organised, have good time management skills
- The ability to meet stringent deadlines
- Be able to adapt to different and changing situations
- Have the drive and enthusiasm to set high standards and achieve company objectives
- Have a personable approach
- To have due regard for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and to follow the child protection procedures adopted by the FA and the club.
BUILD RELATIONSHIPS WITH:
Internal: Academy Manager, lead Phase Coaches, Coaches (Part Time), Heads of department, First Team staff and Players.
External: Premier League clubs & Football League clubs, FA, Universities/colleges, FAYCD, and PFA.
Cheltenham FC values diversity and difference. We welcome applicants from all sections of the community. Therefore, all applicants will be asked to complete a diversity monitoring form so that we can monitor whether we are attracting interest from a diverse range of candidates. It will not affect your application in any way.
Deadline: 17:00 17th August 2022.
Please note that we are interviewing upon receiving applications until the post is filled, therefore this post may close at anytime.