Charlton Athletic are looking to take on Intern Performance Analysts to work within the analysis department within the first team, providing support to the analysis department and coaches.
- Filming first team training sessions as per the weekly schedule.
- Code training sessions and provide feedback to analysis department.
- Assist with the creation of opposition reports.
- Assist with presenting post-match analysis to players in our meeting room.
What we are looking for:
- Must be in the process of completing a higher education / post graduate course or provide evidence of future application
- Reliable and committed towards the role for the season
- Able to meet deadlines in a pressured environment
- Trustworthy with sensitive data
- Good communication skills
- Self motivated, proactive and willing to learn
- Able to build good relationships with people
- Ideally studying a degree in performance analysis or with an intention to complete one
- Knowledge of using software such as SportsCode, Wyscout, iWork, although training will be given
- Experience using camera equipment
- Previous experience of producing educational material for elite athletes
- Experience using Apple operating system
- Driving license
What we can offer you:
- An exciting and challenging role within a growing, dynamic and well-respected football organisation.
- Experiences to shadow and visit other sports organisations for the right candidates’ continuous professional development.
- An invaluable insight and experience into the running of a professional analysis department will be gained.
This placement will be over the full course of the season and the successful candidates must be prepared to work 15-25 hours during the week at the training ground in New Eltham. They will also be able to work from home as well.