Casual Coaches Community
Programs and Pre-Academy Centres
About Melbourne Victory Football Club
Melbourne Victory Football Club (MVFC), based at AAMI Park, is a leading professional football club with teams in Australia’s A-League Men's and Women's, National Youth League, and the Victorian National Premier Leagues.
Melbourne Victory is excited to lead the next generation both on and off the field. The Club is recruiting multiple Casual Coaches to support, deliver and lead youth football programs that contribute to community development and Victory’s elite player pathways. Our team of coaches will have a direct impact on all aspects of a young person’s engagement with football from their first time kicking a ball in the schoolyard, to being selected in the Club’s Academy program.
About the roles
We are looking for coaches of diverse experience, that put people first and are passionate about the impact football has on young people’s lives.
Opportunities exist for coaches to deliver the Club’s:
• various community programs across schools, community groups and local clubs, contributing to participation, education, inclusion and female specific
• Pre-Academy programs transitioning young footballers into an elite player pathway.
• Coaching accreditation relevant to the specific role (be able to demonstrate experience appropriate to the specific role(s) you are applying for).
• Demonstrated understanding of the football landscape in Victoria.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop meaningful relationships with a diverse range of participants and stakeholders.
• Strong planning, organisational, time management and leadership skills with the ability to work both independently and part of a wider team.
• Demonstrated commitment to personal and professional development, as well as an eagerness to contribute to the ongoing evaluation and evolution of Club programming.
• Ability to travel independently with football equipment.
• Football Australia coaching accreditation
o Pre-Academy roles require minimum C License or equivalent
o Community roles require minimum MiniRoos Grassroots Football Certification
• Provide First Aid certification
• Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
• Valid Working with Children Check
Benefits and Perks
• Join Australia’s premier football club
• Join a passionate and supportive team
• Flexible working options
• Interconnected coaching framework that provides opportunities for practical professional development within an elite football club
• Direct access to the people driving Australia’s premier football competition