The purpose of the role is to support the Head of Community and Programmes Manager with income generation, fundraising and awareness raising through our marketing and communications activities.
Reporting to the Senior Leadership team and Finance Audit and Risk Committee, you will help power our team by driving and achieving our income generation strategy, and tell our story by reporting and disseminating PR through building our partnerships and relationships with funders, whilst reaching a wider audience through our communications and events activities.
Income generation and funder management
• Identify funding opportunities in line with business plans, project plans and fundraising strategy
• Research funding streams, establish and steward key relationships
• Responsible for bid writing and proposals and support the Head of the Community Trust to complete and manage funding applications on behalf of the Trust
• Keep day to day funding income and expenditure reports up to date, ensuring traceability to funders
• Responsible for reporting outcomes, outputs, and impact to funders and managing finance and fundraising strategies
• Accounts and Reporting - Prepare reports and fulfil actions for the Finance Audit and Risk Committee, Operational and Board meetings as required and Charity Commission
• Work with the Club’s Head of Partnerships and Head of Community to manage community partnerships and maximise income and in-kind opportunities
Governance and finance control
• Support the Trustees and Head of FGR Community in maintaining the EFL Trust’s Capability Code of Practice (CCOP’s) policies and procedures for finance and risk management, and other additional Trust requirements to ensure compliance
• Support the Head of FGR Community in maintaining the budget and manage cashflow, actuals, forecasts, and reconciliations in line with the trust’s income strategy
• Review the strategic growth and manage the implementation plans and oversee project spend and risk management
• Work with the Head of Community to prepare and implement the new strategic five-year plan to launch September 2023
• Work alongside the Club’s Head of Commercial/Partnerships to secure Community Partners, and manage the onboarding and stakeholder relationships with the Club’s Commercial Assistant
• Identify opportunities to secure community partners and potential unrestricted funding via businesses, grant givers and donations
• Manage our fundraising platforms and processes, and arrange and book in events/campaigns that generate unrestricted income
• Explore commercial opportunities for income generation
• Work with the Supporter’s Trust, Ambassadors, Alumni and Fans to fundraise for FGR Community
• Work with the Programmes Manger and Project Officer’s to oversee costs of programmes delivered are accounted for, i.e., payments of coaches and venues and managing the procurement of kit, equipment, and other resources
• Work with the Casual coaches to hit financial targets for income from Schools and College’s visiting i.e., Fit2Last sessions, Eco Tours and any other events and educational sessions
• Report on programme progress by collecting data & anecdotal feedback from participants
• Collate feedback and monitor customer satisfaction by means of post-activity surveys for preparing impact reports
• Work closely with the Trust’s affiliate Club (Forest Green Rovers FC) to ensure the Club’s ethos is embedded into the Trust, and the Club is fully aware of the Trust’s activities, so opportunities for mutual working can easily be identified, and implemented as appropriate
• Support the Head of FGR Community in liaising with external stakeholders who run projects in conjunction with the Trust, in line with the organisation’s Strategic Objectives, such as:
GFA, Premier League and other funding partners.
Events, awareness raising and commercial activity
• Lead on the management and organisation of bespoke events and other Trust/Club activities as they arise that bring in unrestricted income and/or raise awareness that meets the charitable aims of the organisation
• Work with the Programmes Manager to work with local schools/community groups to develop cup competitions, festivals, tournaments and PFA Player Appearances that increase awareness or meet our funding requirements
• Support the Ambassador Co-ordinator in running the Ambassador Programme, and Alumni and Senior Ambassador Programme and manage associated community partners and funders
Media and communications
• Keep the FGR Content team updated on the Trust’s activities, including supplying GDPR compliant, images and content for promoting Trust initiatives and activities, to maximise the Trust’s PR exposure, across social media, website & match day activations, stories
• Help disseminate PR and messaging secured to organisations who have taken part or are involved Trust initiatives, to help increase the Trust’s reach
• Ensure funding requirements are met, acknowledge and thank our funders and supporters and maximise exposure for the Trust and associated partners
We are looking for a dynamic communicator, with a go getter attitude to assist the Head of FGR Community with income generation, funding management to allow programme development and charitable growth.
The successful candidate will be adept, flexible and a quick learner with a passion about promoting our environmental credentials.
We are looking for someone with either fundraising experience or with the aptitude to develop and manage solid relationships effectively. You will be helping both Community and Club staff to build relationships both internally and externally with funders, fans, and partners. You must be comfortable in reaching out, confident in communication in securing funds whilst providing excellent funding stewardship.
You will have the drive and initiative, take responsibility, and think critically to show a high level of attention to detail in ensuring financial accountability in line with our charity mission and fundraising strategy.
• Knowledge and experience in fundraising or in a financial or accounting role or with the aptitude to develop and manage solid relationships effectively
• Knowledge of financial systems
• Completion of funding applications or grant requests and associated monitoring, evaluation and reporting requirements
• Good computer, communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work within a team effectively & efficiently and buy-in to the environmental ethos
• Experience of working within school and community settings
• Experience of working in a charity or voluntary, community sector
• Knowledge and understanding of the governance of the charity, voluntary and community sector
• Experience in sales, marketing or pitching
• Experience with Quality Assurance Reporting platforms
• Enhanced CRB Certificate or Current FA DBS Clearance
Successful applicants will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance prior to taking the role.
What's in it for you...
The fast moving nature of the company's business means that from time to time you may be asked to perform duties or tasks outside of your original job description on an ad hoc basis. This allows the company to use it's people in the best possible way at all times and helps the employees to make make their contribution in a changing environment.
Founded in 1889, Forest Green Rovers is a football club with a rich 130-year history – but we're at the forefront of something entirely new here. FIFA described us as the greenest football club in the world – it's undoubtedly true that no other football club in the world has put the environment at the heart of what it does.
FGR Community’s vision is to change lives in our local community and use the reach and unique appeal of Forest Green Rovers Football Club to spread aspiration and make a difference to the lives of people within the Stroud district and beyond.
FGR Community promotes inclusion and confronts and eliminates discrimination whether by reason of age, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marital status or civil partnership, nationality, ethnicity (race), religion or belief, ability or disability, pregnancy and maternity and encourage equal opportunities. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.