The role will support the First Team Physiotherapist in the development, organisation and implementation of injury prevention, medical screening, health education and rehabilitation programmes for Tranmere Rovers players and attend all training sessions and matches as requested.
- Work alongside the Sport Science Department to develop and implement effective injury prevention and prehabilitation strategies.
- Conduct evidence based musculoskeletal screening to inform individualised injury prevention programmes focused on addressing relevant injury risk factors.
MANAGEMENT OF INJURIES
- Deliver high-quality medical services for all players.
- Implement evidence-based practice and utilise advanced clinical reasoning skills during the rehabilitation process.
- Communicate effectively with other staff members to ensure they are fully briefed on player injuries and rehabilitation progress.
MEDICAL PROVISION AT MATCHES
- Provide physiotherapy / medical match day cover for games where required.
- Ensure medical equipment is maintained and that Emergency procedures are regularly reviewed.
- Ensure all medical notes are logged and stored appropriately.
- Take an active role in the development of medical policies and procedures.
CONTINUAL PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Take responsibility for their own continued professional development ensuring that they keep up to date with current practices.
- Strive to advance working practices within the Medical Department.
ANY OTHER DUTIES
The successful candidate may at times be required to carry out additional tasks not outlined in this job description.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Hold a degree in sports therapy and/or be registered with a recognised body entitling them to use the title 'sports therapist'; or hold a degree in sports rehabilitation and be registered with the British Association of Sports Rehabilitators and Trainers (BASRaT);
- FA Advanced Trauma Medical Management in Football (ATMMiF)
- Musculoskeletal/Sports injury clinic experience
- Experience in the rehabilitation of sports injuries in line with return to play protocols
- Experience providing first aid, pitch-side cover and rehabilitation
• To undertake required training, including mandatory Club Equality and Diversity and Health and Safety training.
• To ensure that the Club’s Safe-guarding and Vulnerable Adults policies and procedures are always adhered to.
• The role includes evening and weekend working.