Job Title: Professional Development Phase Coach
Reports to: Head of Academy Coaching
Location: Bloomfield Road, Blackpool (with travel to and from the training venue)
Hours: 40 per week – to include weekends
Salary: Competitive (Depending on Experience)
To coach players in the Professional Development Phase, producing detailed and relevant Individual Learning plans to allow players to progress through the performance pathway.
The ideal candidate will have overall responsibility for the coaching of training and games for the under 18 age group.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
The above job description is not intended to be exhaustive; the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the club.
Qualifications (Essential Requirements)
• UEFA A Licence.
• FA Advanced Youth Award (Professional Development Phase).
• FA Licenced Coaches Club Member.
• FA Safeguarding Children Certificate.
Qualifications (Desirable Requirements)
• UEFA Pro Licence.
Experience (Essential Requirements)
• Experience of working in the Professional Development Phase at a professional clubs Academy.
Experience (Desirable Requirements)
• Previous experience within the same role, at a CAT 1,2,3 Academy.
Knowledge & Skills (Essential Requirements)
• Understanding of EPPP requirements.
Knowledge & Skills (Desirable Requirements)
• Enhanced knowledge of the English Football pyramid, with a range of contacts at all levels.
• Have strong organisational skills to manage multiple pathways of players.
• Understand the importance of a strong multi-disciplinary team.
• Flexible to meet the needs of the schedule always putting the players at the centre of everything we do.
• Possess the drive and enthusiasm to set high standards.
• A flexible approach to work, including willingness to work unsociable hours.
• Honest and trustworthy with a high level of confidentiality and exceptional personal integrity.
• Ability to self-motivate and prioritise workloads.
• Solutions orientated all the time.
Safeguarding: Blackpool Football Club Ltd and the EFL are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to endorse this commitment. Posts advertised may require Enhanced Criminal Record Checks and may include checks against the Barred lists, as such it is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974). Therefore, all convictions, including spent convictions that have not been subject to filtering by the DBS should be declared.
Recruitment checks: You will also be required to provide details of referees for the previous five years working history or referees whilst in full time education.
Equality and Diversity: Employees must always carry out their duties with due regard to Blackpool Football Club’s policies and procedures. The employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relationships between all internal and external stakeholders.
Inclusion and Anti-Discrimination Mission Statement: At Blackpool Football Club we aim to provide an enjoyable experience for all supporters and hold inclusion and anti-discrimination at the core of our values. We are committed to creating an environment which welcomes and respects people from all communities, promoting equality and diversity at Bloomfield Road and its associated premises. As a Club we recognise the nine protected characteristics (age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex and sexual orientation) under the Equality Act 2010 and will play an active role in supporting inclusion and putting an end to discrimination.
The employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relationships between all internal and external stakeholders.
Blackpool Football Club is an equal opportunities employer.