Report To: Head of Analysis
Location: AESSEAL New York Stadium, Rotherham United Training Complex
Salary & Benefits: Depending On Experience
Hours Required: Permanent Contract 37.5 hours per week (includes evenings and weekends)
- Head of Analysis
- First Team Coaching Staff
- Scouting & Recruitment Department
- Medical Department
- Sports Performance Department
The First Team Assistant Analyst is an important position to assist and continue to develop the department and the provision of Analysis in the First Team.
Working closely with the existing Analyst the successful applicant will assist to deliver performance analysis whilst continually developing analysis processes to ensure the highest possible standards.
- To assist with the filming and analysis of training sessions for player and team meetings
- To assist with the coding and analysis of upcoming opponents’ recent games, combined with other software to produce player and coach resources
- Telestration of video when required to enhance key messages
- Support current analyst with the live in match analysis processes to provide key information to the coaching staff
- Work with coaching staff and analyst to assist with the team and individual post-match analysis
- Assist with the creation of benchmarking through using data sets to assess team and individual performances over the course of the season.
- Lead on the post-match and in-match analysis for any reserve team fixtures.
- Other ad-hoc tasks as required by analyst and coaching staff.
A key part of the role is to be comfortable in a number of specific performance analysis softwares which include:
- Video Analysis softwares including but not limited to: Hudl, Hudl Sportscode, Studio
- Experience in live match analysis video capture
- Scouting Softwares such as Wyscout
- Data Visualisation softwares: Tableau, Python, R
- Excel, Numbers, Pages, Microsoft Word, Keynote, Powerpoint
- Masters or Undergraduate Degree in Sports Science or Performance Analysis (Desired)
- Experience working in a professional football environment
- Hard working individual with a willingness to learn and improve
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to deliver a high standard of work at all times
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ablity to self-motivate and prioritise workloads
- Strong technical ability
- Team player
- A level of Footballing knowledge with the ability to apply this to the department
- Fully committed with a flexible approach to working hours and travel
- Full Driving License
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
Due to the high amount of applicants expected only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Closing: 27 Jun 2022