Founded in 1882, Tottenham Hotspur Football Club is an English Premier League Club, based in North London, with an estimated 615.5 million global followers.
Led by the late great Bill Nicholson, the Club became the first in England to win the League and FA Cup Double in 1961, and the first in the UK to win a European Trophy two years later. Spurs has since been home to some of the game’s great entertainers, including Jimmy Greaves, Glenn Hoddle, Paul Gascoigne, David Ginola, Gareth Bale, Heung-Min Son, and Harry Kane.
In April 2019, the Club opened an iconic new stadium that sits at the heart of a £1billion sport-led regeneration of North Tottenham. The stadium is the largest football club stadium in London and is a multi-use venue with the ability to host a variety of events 365 days a year, including NFL, boxing, rugby, concerts, and other major events, plus visitor attractions including Stadium Tours and the Dare Skywalk.
The stadium development scheme has to date created more than 4,000 new jobs for local people, with circa £300m pumped into the local economy each year.
Tottenham Hotspur has:
- A clear strategy to develop talent from within its Academy, showcased by a strong track record of Academy players graduating to the first-team squad.
- A £100m state-of-the-art Training Centre that supports the Club’s ambition to attract, develop and retain the best talent.
- Commercial partnerships with globally recognised brands including AIA Group Limited (AIA), one of the world's leading providers of life insurance services, and Nike, the world’s leading sports footwear and apparel company
- A commitment to minimizing its environmental impact across Club operations, being named as the greenest in the Premier League for the past three years. Tottenham Hotspur is a signatory of the UN Sports for Climate Action Framework, committing to halve carbon emissions by 2030 and become net zero carbon by 2040
- An award-winning Foundation that is renowned for creating opportunities to help enhance the lives of people in its local community through education, employment, health, and social inclusion programmes
The Club is made up of various worker types including consultants, casual workers, volunteers, and permanent employees. As a specialist in safer recruitment, you will support all stages of the recruitment life cycle for all roles that involve working within regulated activity, including the recruitment of agency staff and external third-party suppliers.
As the Recruiter – Safer Recruitment, you will have knowledge of current safeguarding practices, making sure that the safer recruitment policy and strategy are rolled out and that hiring managers are trained, educated and compliant in the hiring of new employees.
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club welcomes applications from anyone regardless of age, disability, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
The aim is to ensure that an effective recruitment and selection process is in place, creating a safe and positive work environment which guarantees that all new hires, whether paid or voluntary are suitable for a position working with children and/or adults at risk.
- Managing the recruitment cycle from recruitment briefing to job offers
- Advise on safer recruitment practices for all worker types
- Coaching hiring managers and stakeholders and serving as an employer brand ambassador for safer recruitment.
- Creating a great candidate and hiring manager experience
- Ensure the Safer Recruitment policy is embedded and rolled out across all recruitment within the Club
- Devising and running recruitment campaigns with hiring managers to attract the best talent for vacancies
- Support hiring managers in all areas of the safer recruitment process and life cycle for all roles that involve working within regulated activity across all worker types
- Identify and source appropriate talent for current open roles within the Club – with a focus on direct recruitment channels and head hunting
- Identify future talent needs and proactively recruit, source, and develop a talent pool
- Training and coaching hiring managers on how to utilise iRecruit functionality on recruitment methods, and best practice in relation to the Club’s policies and processes
- Assist with the recruitment of non-Safer recruitment roles as and when required
- Work with the HR team to keep up to date with SLAs, GDPR and other Club policies and compliance
- Thinks ahead, generates innovative ideas
- Values & respects others, builds relationships, collaborates
- Gets things done, delivers to highest of standards, takes responsibility
- Takes responsibility
- Communicates confidently and sensitively
- Is positive and resilient towards setbacks
- Adapting your approach and flexing to suit the different needs of different areas of the Club
- Able to take ownership of decision making
- Able to work in a fast paced and ever-changing environment
- Is confident and not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Able to manage time efficiently and effectively
Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of Safer Recruitment Practices is essential
- Have experience of carrying out safer recruitment interviews
- Passion to recruit the best talent across a wide range of departments
- An excellent understanding of a robust recruitment process
- Able to successfully source candidates across a wide range of functions
- Understanding of the market including candidate motivations and drivers
- Strong, direct-hiring-focused, in-house recruitment experience
- Ability to review and develop recruitment strategies
Closing: 04 Jul 2022