United Soccer League
Job Title: Director, Technology & Data – Expansion Club Strategy
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Tampa, FL (USL Headquarters)
Overview of the United Soccer League (USL)
The United Soccer League (USL) is shaping the future of soccer in America. We are the nation’s largest and fastest-growing professional soccer organization, bringing the world’s game to more and more communities across the United States and Canada. Based in Tampa, Fla., the USL oversees multiple professional and elite pre-professional leagues, including the USL Championship, USL Super League, USL League One, USL League Two, USL W League, USL Academy, and Super Y League.
We are authentic to the spirit of the game, honoring the dedication of the players, the passion of the supporters, and the culture of the clubs. We believe in the power of soccer to unite people, provide unique life experiences, and have a meaningful impact in local communities. We work as a team, challenge the status quo, and strive to make everyone feel welcome.
United Soccer League is the proud recipient of Front Office Sports' Best Employers in Sports 2021 and Tampa Bay Business Journal's Coolest Office Spaces.
The USL’s Onboarding team is an in-house support division within the league office. The Director, Technology & Data, Expansion Club Strategy will be focused on guiding the implementation of digital audience building and engagement strategies for the launch of new clubs entering the USL system. This position will help build and drive team performance while working with the clubs’ executive team, revenue drivers and business staff to develop and implement tailored action plans rooted in a fusion of leaguewide and market-specific data analysis to position clubs to optimize their operations and maximize revenue generation through digital platforms.
In addition to guiding the development of individualized plans for incoming franchises, this position will continuously refine and deliver digital best practices to all USL clubs derived from benchmarking and trend analysis supported by the league’s centralized digital platforms with the specific aim of facilitating the delivery of targeted messaging to the relevant audiences across the ecosystem.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Construct and oversee standardized onboarding processes and timelines with respect to web, mobile application, e-commerce, and social platforms.
- Guide the development and implementation of each club’s social and digital audience building and engagement plans based on data mining and market analysis.
- Assist in the development of data-driven organizational cultures that emphasize cross-departmental collaboration.
- Work with internal stakeholders and club representatives to define objectives and targets across core business areas supported by digital platforms.
- Establish a codified approach to building fan profiles on a per market basis to support the implementation and tracking of audience engagement best practices
- Build and deliver benchmarking and reporting system in conjunction with relevant stakeholders to represent club performance against identified targets in key areas.
- Evaluate fan engagement trends and share best practices among USL ecosystem.
- Support clubs in the development of club branding as needed.
- Work across the front office of each club to ensure all communications and marketing assets adhere to the club guidelines, voice, and tone.
- Work with league technology partners to coordinate platform launches, troubleshoot issues, manage key integrations, etc.
- Identify industry trends for growth in reach, engagement and potential revenue generating opportunities.
- Execute integrated marketing communications strategies ensuring cross-platform utilization [email, social, web, mobile].
· Ability to cater communications to target audiences.
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
- 4-year degree in digital marketing, digital content or related field preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years of related digital and social media experience.
- Previous professional work experience with CMS (e.g., SportsEngine), mobile applications (e.g., FanThreeSixty), ecommerce platform (e.g., Shift4Shop) and social media applications.
- Proven successful marketing communications experience (in sports and entertainment environment preferred).
- Collect and analyze data to identify trends to improve digital performance.
- Experience utilizing content/asset management platforms.
- Advanced experience presenting and conducting in-person and virtual meetings.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact with team members, executives, member clubs, and external partners.
- Ability to work independently in a multi-faceted, fast, fluid, and deadline-driven environment.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic a must.
- Ability to work as business needs require which may include long days, evenings, weekends, occasional holidays, and travel if / when necessary.
- Must have U.S. work authorization.
We have great Perks - Comprehensive Benefits Package • Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance • Health HSA and FSA • 401k w/ up to 6% match • Corporate Discounts • Paid Vacation, Holiday & Sick Days • Business Casual Dress • Casual Dress Fridays • And More!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.