Football Australia (FA) is the national governing body for football in Australia, situated on the lands of the Gadigal people of the Eora Nation. We acknowledge the histories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and commit to building a brighter future together.
Football Australia took transformative steps in 2020 and released its ‘XI Principles - for the future of Australian football’, which advances eleven principles that underpin a bold and innovate 15-year vision and new strategic agenda for Australian football.
At the center of the XI Principles is the recognition of the strength and diversity of the Australian football family. We are a melting pot of two million participants represented by over 200 different cultures. No other sport within the Australian sporting landscape offers the type of inherent diversity which football does. This diversity in culture, ideas, and experience makes us strong and prepares us to take advantage of the opportunities embodied in the XI Principles.
We've qualified for the World Cup and are on the look out for Australia's best sports & entertainment social producer in an initial fixed-term capacity. Come on board and join the digital marketing and content team as we're about to kick off The Australia Cup 2022 knockout rounds and celebrate the Socceroos centenary on their way to the World Cup. You'll be working hands on and social producing for the Socceroos, men's youth national teams and competitions such as The Australia Cup. You'll also be playing a key supporting role for all of Football Australia's brands and help drive the social media strategy across our full portfolio. If you are highly creative, love content production, digitally savvy and live & breathe all thing's social media, then we'd love to hear from you. With career progression opportunities and a home world cup in 2023, now is to time to apply and join the football family.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Experience and skills required:
- Collaborate with the digital engagement & social media manager and the wider DIGCON team to develop a social media strategy that fits within Football Australia’s XI Principles and its brands
- Ideate and deliver creative solutions for social media and digital engagement initiatives including but not limited to community engagement, social media campaigns, channel growth, social listening & reporting and content production
- Planning and distribution of the social media production schedule in line with Football Australia’s media and communications strategies, content strategies and the social media policies and guidelines
- Development of social media content production best practice in collaboration with content creators and digital content leads
- Manage social media accounts with a primary focus on the Socceroos, Youth Men’s National Teams, Australia Cup and Football Australia to ensure compelling, interesting and relevant information is shared
- Liaise with the MARCOMMS team to plan and execute content effectively and on time
- Attend key match days to produce social coverage
- Optimise and adapt to the changing landscape of social/digital media, ensuring Football Australia’s brands are optimised and performing the best as possible
- Daily community building and engagement with fans via social media with a focused drive to deliver a % of earned media and keeping business updated on trends/concerns of supporters
- Analysing social media campaigns with tracking systems to determine areas for social media campaign improvement and to gather visitor’s data
Application Closing Date: 3 July 2022Football Australia is committed to the health, safety and wellbeing of our people, as well as visitors to our offices and at football events. Football Australia has introduced a COVID-19 Vaccination policy that requires all staff, contractors, clients and visitors to be fully vaccinated before they can access our offices, attend client / community sites, undertake work-related travel, or attend work-related events, subject to limited exemptions. For more information: www.footballaustralia.com.au
- Experience in social media and an eye for strong, compelling creative
- Highly creative and digital savvy
- Experience with or understanding of key social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Instagram & YouTube
- Experience with Adobe suit, especially Photoshop, Premiere Pro and After Effects
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadline while maintaining a high attention to detail
- Able to positively contribute to the culture and development football in Australia
- Flexible work hours are required to ensure deadlines are met and match day content is executed
- Flexibility as interstate travel will be required
- Full working rights within Australia
- A valid paid/employee Working with Children Check or willingness to obtain one
In submitting an application, you agree to our collection statement. To review, head to the following link: www.footballaustralia.com.au/jobs/collection-statement