Ticket Office Manager
Do you believe in providing exceptional customer service?
Do you want to be a part of the new Wigan Athletic?
We have an amazing opportunity to join our Ticketing department as Ticket Office Manager based at the DW Stadium. This role will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer and lead and manage a team of 9 full-time, part-time, and casual staff. You will be responsible for the day-to-day running of a busy ticketing operation, encompassing both Wigan Athletic Football Club and Wigan Warriors Rugby League Club.
This is a full-time role working 37.5 hours per week 5 days over a 7-day period with complete flexibility to work home matches for Wigan Athletic and Wigan Warriors incorporating evenings, weekends and bank holidays when required.
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the ticketing function for both Wigan Athletic (home and away) and Wigan Warriors (home) fixtures.
- Enhance the reputation of the clubs through the delivery of a first-class customer experience to all clients across all ticket purchase methods.
- Manage the performance of the Ticket Office staff and effectively manage the staffing rota to ensure the smooth running of the department
- Ensure that all upcoming fixtures are accurately built in the ticket system in time for ticket release dates.
- Oversee away ticket allocations for home and away matches.
- Produce daily ticket sales reports and circulate to relevant departments.
- Comply with all ticketing reporting requirements set by the clubs and the governing bodies.
- Liaise with the Digital, Marketing and Communications departments to ensure that all Club wide campaigns and strategy are adopted by the ticket office team.
- Ensure all ticket stock and monies are stored securely in accordance with financial and insurance procedures.
- Ensure ticketing information is up to date and accurate across all platforms.
- Ensure that all software packages relating to ticketing and access control are always up to date across all platforms.
- Attend match day safety meetings and relevant Management meetings to provide an update of ticket sales and keep abreast of match day events and promotions.
- Ensure that all ticket staff are informed of all facilities for supporters, match day events and current promotions to enable them to the inform and assist all supporters.
The successful candidate will have/be:
- Maths and English GCSE (A-C grade or equivalent)
- Proven track record of managing a ticketing function ideally in sport, a large arena or entertainment venue.
- Demonstrable experience of leading a successful team, supporting their development and managing their performance.
- Experience of implementing and managing effective and efficient operational processes.
- Ability to review and analyse processes and influence and make improvements.
- Ability to build effective working relationships and influence across the organisation and with external partners to improve practices.
- Ability to effectively manage resources against budget and business plans.
- Proven written and oral communication skills and the ability to articulate information and influence others.
- IT literate, with the ability to use the full suite of the Microsoft Office package.
- Ability to manage and influence various key stakeholders.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Acts with integrity at all times.
- Resilient and tenacious.
- Flexibility to manage the different priorities in the role and meet the demands and changing needs of the Company.
Here at Wigan Athletic we are on an exciting journey. If you would like to be part of our journey and have a passion for our football club then we want to hear from you. We offer:
- A Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave [pro rata]
- X2 complimentary tickets to all home league fixtures
- Career development opportunities
- Free onsite parking
- Bright HR ‘savings and money-off’ offers for employees
- Wigan Athletic Club shop discount
Closing date for applications: 5pm on 1st July 2022
To apply please head over to our website and complete our application form as we don’t accept CV’s. Please return your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to HR, Wigan Athletic, DW Stadium, Loire Drive, Wigan, WN5 0UZ.
The company is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
The company is committed to safeguarding all children, young people and adults at risk involved in its activities and events. The group recognises its responsibility to safeguard the welfare of these vulnerable groups by a commitment to procedures to protect them. The group expects all staff and volunteers to fully support and promote these commitments.