An exciting opportunity has arisen at Stoke City Football Club of the English Football League for an experienced Academy Scout to support its academy recruitment team at its Category One recognised academy.
The ideal candidate will have experience and a thorough understanding of academy football as well as being able to identify and assess potential players for the academy teams U14-U19 in the South West region.
- Identifying and reporting on the most talented young players in the South West region.
- Developing a network of and relationships within youth football and across clubs in the South West region.
- Keeping accurate and detailed records of all matches attended and players observed.
- Ensuring the necessary forms have been completed and information collated on all potential player recruits.
- Acting as point of contact between the youth academy and players’ parents/guardians and their respective clubs.
- Giving feedback to players and parents/guardians at the end of a period of training and assessment.
- Attending scouting meetings with the Head of Academy Recruitment and preparing in advance of those meetings updates of all scouting activity and targeted players.
- Having a detailed understanding of our Academy Player philosophy and the Academy Player requirements, attending Stoke City academy training and matches periodically to facilitate this.
- Projecting a professional image and maintaining an ambassadorial role for the Club and youth academy at all times whilst adhering to the Club’s policies and protocols specifically in relation to the recruitment of young players.
- Attending child protection training as required by the Club and adhering to all guidelines contained within the Club’s safeguarding policies.
Key Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Experience in and a thorough understanding of elite academy football in both YDP and PDP development phase (U14-U19).
- Ability to work in a target driven environment as part of a team
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good IT Skills.
- Proactive in their approach.
- Trustworthy, adhering to codes of conduct, ethics and confidentiality.
- FA Talent Identification Level 1.
- FA Talent Identification Level 2 (Desirable).
The role requires a high degree of flexibility to cover evening and weekend work as required. The positon will be offered on a casual basis with remuneration given accordingly.
The organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults at risks and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks and DBS checks at the appropriate level will be obtained prior to employment commencing.
Closing date for applications is 30th June 2022.